- About Us
- Business Areas
- Early Careers
You have not viewed any jobs yet.
Date live: Mar. 16, 2023
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Compliance
Reference Code: 90366906
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train stations & bus stops, gyms, restaurants and more.Explore location
Whistleblowing Case Manager
As Barclays Whistleblowing Case Manager (WCM) you will assist with the management of the Barclays Whistleblowing Case Portfolio and the delivery of the Whistleblowing Programme. You will be accountable for managing whistleblowing cases, in line with regulation, internal processes and controls, engaging with whistleblowers and other stakeholders on confidential complex, and sensitive cases, and providing guidance on the handling of whistleblowing cases.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Managing confidential and complex whistleblowing cases including authorizing the opening, allocating, escalating and closing cases in line with internal processes
• Maintaining oversight of whistleblowing cases under investigation, including obtaining monthly updates from investigators
• Acting as a point of contact for whistleblowers, engaging with them with sensitivity to explain the whistleblowing process, providing updates and outcome of investigations
• Maintaining the confidentiality of whistleblowing cases, including ensuring appropriate controls are adopted regarding the protection of whistleblower identity
• Conducting monthly audit checks on case transactions, ensuring controls are operating effectively and are being appropriately applied, feeding results into I&W’s effectiveness metrics
• Proactively identifying and escalating potential trends across the whistleblowing portfolio, incl. joining the dots across whistleblowing cases and highlighting these to relevant stakeholders
• Providing guidance regarding the handling of whistleblowing cases to investigators and other stakeholders e.g. Raising Concerns and LI&E
• Working flexibly to assist with other tasks delivered by the Whistleblowing Team, as required and participating in the delivery of I&W priorities
What we’re looking for:
• Experience of handling confidential, complex and sensitive matters in a corporate environment and a proven knoweldeg of privacy and data protection laws
• Proven record of following instructions and working independently to deliver a portfolio of tasks, simultaneously, in line with expectations and in a timely manner
• Experience working with and managing multiple stakeholders of varying seniority and engaging with empathy and sensitivity
• Excellent attention to detail and effective written and verbal communication skills including an ability to summarise complex information clearly and succinctly
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience delivering or managing a Whistleblowing Programme
• Experience identifying, assessing and escalating potential risks and themes from large sets of data or information
• Excellent organisational skills, capable of prioritising actions, identifying potential delays and forward planning delivery
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a Carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
This is the spirit of Barclays. It’s why we exist, what we believe and how we behave. But most importantly, it’s how we make decisions, take action and get things done.
We exist to provide responsible finance to people and business – but also a whole lot more.
We believe great talent RISES. It acts with Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We discover our full potential through our desire to Empower, Challenge and Drive each other.