Wholesale Credit Risk, Capital Reporting Manager
As a Barclays Wholesale Credit Risk, Capital Reporting Manager, you will work as part of the team that produces and reviews timely, accurate and complete Credit Risk metrics to support regulatory reporting. In your new role you will have the opportunity to support capital optimisation initiatives and apply your technical and analytical skills across a range of disciplines.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Participating in strategic business and regulatory driven projects including implementation of new business and system processes
• Supporting the calculation and reporting of capital metrics
• Being responsible for the design, development and testing of data solutions, providing customer guidance when requirements need translating from business
• Enhancing the accuracy and efficiency of the control environment, documenting issues, and proposing resolutions
• Developing and testing systems and business processes supporting regulatory or internal policy changes
• Conducting Impact analysis relating to model change and changes in Capital Requirements Regulation (CRR)
What we’re looking for:
• Minimum high quality undergraduate degree - 2.1 or equivalent
• Developed analytical/ problem solving abilities with practical knowledge of SQL to interrogate data
• Confidence to deal with stakeholders across all levels including the front office
• Clear and effective communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Working knowledge of the CRR regulation, in particular advanced Internal Ratings based approach to calculate capital requirements for Credit Risk
• Previous experience of analysing capital reporting data and credit factor movements driving changes in capital consumption
• Exposure to business analysis, investigating issues and documenting findings
• Post graduate degree or professional qualifications such as ACA/ CIMA/ ACCA/ CFA/ FRM
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.