BFA US Regulation & Control Director
Date live: Dec. 27, 2019
Reference Code: 90251480
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Operations
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Our two clearly defined divisions, Barclays UK and Barclays International, provide diversification by business line, geography and customer, enhancing financial resilience and helping to contribute to the delivery of consistent returns through the business cycle. We have a strong core business with exciting prospects, well positioned to deliver long-term value for our shareholders.
Consistent with the objective of delivering long-term sustainable value for all our stakeholders, we have developed our Shared Growth Ambition – our approach to citizenship and the sustainability of the business model we operate. The aim is to make decisions and do business that provides our clients and customers, and the communities which we serve, with access to a prosperous future.
The delivery of our strategy is underpinned by the energy, commitment and passion of our people, and we are clear on our common purpose: to help people achieve their ambitions, in the right way.
About Barclays in the US
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City. In 2017, Barclays announced plans to create a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey, for our Technology, Operations and Functional teams in the US. The Whippany campus will play an important role in Barclays’ future, bringing together a number of Chief Operating Office (COO) and Functions teams in a single state-of-the-art work environment and will become one of the flagship sites in our global footprint. Planning is ongoing, and as we seek to hire and retain the best talent in the industry in this strategically important site for Barclays.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Overall Purpose of the Role
Work closely with the operational functions to ensure the operation conduct day-to-day activities in line with US regulations for collections. Use this expertise to ensure any changes in business practice are in line with industry standards. Support the US Business with deep collections knowledge to drive forward sustainable change to add value in a range of areas. Will work closely with Credit Risk to drive the Collection and Recoveries strategies to achieve impairment results in line with target while ensuring processes and tools are in place to achieve customer and colleague advocacy and support the overall Barclaycard objectives. Ensure activity is completed in line with robust controls as defined by the Trading Entities
• Provide strategic planning and execution to ensure world class operations, best in class practices and ongoing improvements in productivity and efficiency throughout company’s operations. Interact regularly with executive team and individual department heads to ensure that operational priorities are aligned with Barclays’ global strategy.
• Ensure operations processes and systems are in place to ensure proper compliance with FDCPA, UDAP, and other regulatory requirements. Maintain outstanding relationships with Internal Audit, Legal and Compliance, and applicable external regulatory bodies
• Support ongoing relationship of key vendors to ensure relationship yields the requisite results to support our business strategy, drive growth, improve efficiency and yield higher quality service at lower costs. Ongoing negotiations to improve service and contractual terms.
• Maintain industry leading risk and control environment, ensuring compliance with regulations and market leading management of conduct risk and execution risk
• Actively support internal talent in on-going career and personal development and also maintain external relationships and a state of continuous talent scouting to ensure Barclaycard is well positioned to leverage strong internal and external talent
• Create an engaging and informative environment which allows colleagues at all levels to have some fun and be “in the know” on important matters while working hard to achieve business objectives
• Work across geographical, departmental and business unit lines to leverage the best ideas, talent, knowledge and expertise across Barclays Group without concern for organization structures and reporting lines, and reciprocate by helping others in the organization achieve their objectives
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards