- About Us
- Business Areas
- Early Careers
You have not viewed any jobs yet.
Date live: Mar. 06, 2023
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Operations
Reference Code: 90319471
Salary / Rate USD 85000 to 120000
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train stations & bus stops, gyms, restaurants and more.Explore location
Data Metrics Lead
As a Barclays Data Metrics Lead this is an exciting opportunity where you will be responsible for supporting the individual functions of the US Consumer Bank Operations with robust reporting, analytics, and insight. You will also be specializing in transforming and modernizing the visual reporting catalogue with migration of legacy reporting into Tableau.
Salary / Rate Minimum: $85,000
Salary / Rate Maximum: $120,000
The minimum and maximum salary/rate information above include only base salary or base hourly rate. It does not include any another type of compensation or benefits that may be available.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Supporting the Analytics function in delivering insight to support the strategy and direction of the USCB Operations teams
• Utilizing key analytical tools and processes to drive operational efficiency, cost efficiency and a solid focus on Customer Experience
• Exploring opportunities for Virtual Channels, Banking Operations, Fraud, Collections, and Operational Rigour business areas to support customer demand
• Helping define business cases when implementing new technologies or processes
• Executing on key automation opportunities to deliver insight into the hands of our external and internal stakeholders quickly
• Assessing and communicate risks to Departmental Leadership to ensure that project goals and objectives are being met
• Helping define visualization standards for presentations and dashboards
• Sharing and collaborating insights with Senior Leaders across the business with strong presentation skills
What we’re looking for:
• BS/BA degree in Engineering, Sciences, Finance, Economics, or other quantitatively focused subject
• Previous experience and managing complex projects and teams that resulted in actionable insights and tangible impacts
• Demonstrated analytical skills and experience with data analysis tools – ability to link operational performance with company business results
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Solid SAS, R, SQL, or Python experience and working with a complex data infrastructure
• Experience and understanding with AWS-based data services: RedShift, Athena (or similar experience)
• Significant Experience and understanding with Alteryx
• Excellent Experience and understanding with Rally/Jira project management type tools
Where will you be working?
You will be working at Barclays Services, Henderson, NV’s fully Operational Customer Contact center, where the best meet to build careers full of scope, variety, and reward. Supporting the banking and financial solutions of today’s demands, answering tomorrow’s questions, and redefining the future of customer support in finance.
USD 85000 to 120000
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City, a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey hosting our Technology and Functional Teams, and sites in Nevada and Delaware supporting our contact center operations.
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a Carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
This is the spirit of Barclays. It’s why we exist, what we believe and how we behave. But most importantly, it’s how we make decisions, take action and get things done.
We exist to provide responsible finance to people and business – but also a whole lot more.
We believe great talent RISES. It acts with Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We discover our full potential through our desire to Empower, Challenge and Drive each other.