Vice President (VP), Corporate Communications Business Partner
As a Barclays VP Corporate Communications Business Partner, you will join us to lead media relations, employee communications and social media for Barclays’ Investment Banking business in Asia Pacific, as well as for country management in Greater China and Australia. Working as part of a highly skilled, respected, and creative regional and global team of Corporate Communications professionals, you will be responsible for delivering impactful, strategic and insight-driven communications support to Senior Leadership.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with over 330 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a career, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Leading a small team to develop and drive an integrated communications plan that will incorporate the full array of internal platforms and external tools including media and digital
- Developing and driving media strategies and engagement to enhance Barclays’ share of voice in media, as well as handling reactive media enquiries
- Planning and executing external activities including interviews, roundtables, media events, media training
- Cultivating existing and new media relationships with Tier-1 financial journalists and editors
- Managing day-to-day coordination with PR agencies in China and Australia
- Originating business or colleague success stories to promote within the bank on the intranet or other internal channels
- Leading employee engagement initiatives (i.e. colleague panels, Town Halls) for country management in Greater China and Australia
- Supporting the Head of Corporate Communications, Asia Pacific in managing or coordinating strategic projects when required
What we’re looking for:
- Extensive experience in Corporate Communications in the financial/ investment bank industry (in-house), including experience leading a team
- Proven blend of internal, external and digital communications skills with a solid understanding of integrated communications
- Impeccable planning, prioritization and organization skills – ability to work at pace with tight deadlines
- Excellent written and spoken English, along with business proficient (read and write) Mandarin
- A team player and a ‘can-do’ attitude
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Brilliant stakeholder and relationship management skills to influence and manage relationships at a senior level
- Solid understanding and awareness of products offered by an Investment Bank, along with industry issues that can be associated with a bank
- Familiarity with M365 and proactively try new digital ways of communicating
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Communications, Journalism or equivalent)
Where will you be working?
Our offices are situated in the center of Hong Kong’s financial district, at 2 Queen’s Road.
Cheung Kong Centre is an investment banking hub that offers panoramic views of Victoria Harbour and Kowloon Peninsula. There is a variety of local amenities and you will be just a short walk from shopping malls, health clubs and multiple transport links.