Overall purpose of role
The candidate will support the rest of the Compliance team with daily processes such as responses to regulators, fincrime reviews, monitoring of regulatory chances, assessmenet of regulation to advise business on transactional issues, regulatory requirements and monitoring markets to ensure compliance with Barclays´ internal policies and industry rules and regulations and will provide an independent control function.
Product coverage includes investment banking businesses such as fixed income, equities, derivatives, FX and capital markets as well as corporate/institutional banking.
Accountabilities include, but shall not be limited to:
- Managing high ethical standards in her/his performance, protecting the reputation of the firm, supporting the analysis of courses of action in order to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Work closely with other infrastructure partners (Legal, Internal Audit, Finance, Risk, Financial Crime) to further strengthen the control environment.
- Assist in addressing internal and external audits requirements.
- Send Regulatory reports to the Mexican regulators.
- Monitor new regulatory requirements issued in the public gazette and distribute internally
- Monitor and follow up for regulatory changes uploaded in corporate platform used by Compliance (REX).
- Support for internal reports with information received from regulators.
- Attend regulatory requirements related to Anti Money Laudering.
- Surveillance and Monitoring - Ensuring compliance with laws, regulations, policies and business’ standards to identify potential areas of concern through monitoring and testing program.
- Analyze Anti Money Laundering and Sanctions Alerts for the Bank and Broker Dealer.
- Attend SITI AA requirements and follow up the responses to the authorities.
- Update the list of blocked persons, blacklist and vulnerable activities list required by the authorities to carry out the corresponding screenings.
- Assist team in ensuring that all conduct, reputational and other regulatory risk issues are escalated promptly.
- Responsible for enhancing the compliance culture within the organisation in a manner consistent with the Barclays’ values.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
The person in charge of this position shall be an integral part of the Compliance team of Barclays Mexico and shall interact with all other functions within Barclays Mexico as well as with the business areas. At times, the candidate shall also have contact with regulators and banking associations.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
The person in charge of this position needs to have analytical good understanding of the local and global regulation in order to help Barclays ro remain aligned and to be able to foresee potential impacts on Barclays on a preemptive way.
The candidate should have a drive to solve problems in the most pro-active way.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
The person in charge of this position must have 2 year experience within the banking industry in AML functions.