- About Us
- Business Areas
- Early Careers
You have not viewed any jobs yet.
Date live: Mar. 16, 2023
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Operations
Reference Code: 90367426
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train stations & bus stops, gyms, restaurants and more.Explore location
Business Information Security Officer
As a Barclays Business Information Security Officer you will be a key part of the Investment Bank Cyber Security team providing stakeholder management, information gathering, analysis and problem solving within multiple Barclays business areas. You will drive robust Information and Cyber Security practices through provision of a comprehensive “first line of defence” service to the business across the Barclays IB entity. You will also support the IB Cyber team in many group-level Information and Cyber Security processes and activities.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Creating a security culture across IB that promotes security best practice and a continuous improvement approach
• Producing engaging and informative executive briefings on current and upcoming Cyber threats
• Delivering executive reports on cyber and information risks and controlling maturity against relevant Cyber and Information Security Policies and Standards
• Leading on cyber investigations, incidents and exceptions to address Information and Cyber Security matters
• Supporting the design and implementation of information and cyber security change initiatives across the Barclays IB entity
• Developing information and cyber security capability in line with the needs and expectations of the team
• Ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information are safeguarded in accordance with the bank’s operating model and risk appetite
• Managing security controls exceptions ensuring incidents are tracked and managed to closure
What we’re looking for:
• Experience working within the information and cyber security field or other relevant fields related e.g. risk management, fraud control
• Ability to produce communications for both technical and non-technical audiences
• Significant Experience in Excel and the ability to support security change programs
• Knowledge of security processes, following correct procedure in a timely manner
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Ability to identify, understand and mitigate risks, drawing on technical experience, risk assessment principles and management data / metrics
• Knowledge of relevant information risk and control frameworks including NIST, ISO27001
• Experience working in information security / cyber risk within Financial Services within a corporate and /or investment banking environment
• CISSP, CISA, CISM or equivalent security qualifications
Where will you be working?
You will be based in Radbroke, Knutsford. The Barclays Technology Campus just outside Manchester is our tech command centre and a vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. The campus is set in a 64 acre self-contained site, in a beautiful green environment and it offers unrivalled facilities for work and for play. We have an onsite gym, as well as outdoor tennis, football and cricket areas, as well as onsite restaurant and coffee shops.
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a Carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
This is the spirit of Barclays. It’s why we exist, what we believe and how we behave. But most importantly, it’s how we make decisions, take action and get things done.
We exist to provide responsible finance to people and business – but also a whole lot more.
We believe great talent RISES. It acts with Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We discover our full potential through our desire to Empower, Challenge and Drive each other.