CB&P Consumed Model Team Lead
As a Barclays Consumer Banking and Payments Team Lead you will support Operations on a number of USCB facing transaction cycles and the Finance and Business Management by managing the end-to-end financials across Transaction Cycles. You will be involved also in finance business partnering to Transaction Cycle CIO and Transaction Cycle COO and you will also provide strategic Financial support to AEs Transaction Cycle Weekly’s SI portfolio management and Vendor support and support Service Management Reviews.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Supporting business decisions and financial strategy for the Transaction Cycle/Function
• Drafting insights & commentary of current & Outlook financials
• Delivering the monthly financial performance to F&BM Lead
• Leading the build of the annual plan and updates to RAF
• Working with the Centres of Excellence to ensure full alignment to BX operating model
• Providing information and reports to allow the business to be challenged as required where forecasts are not met
• Providing support to F&BM Lead ensuring adherence of day to day agenda, strategic and Adhoc assignments for Transaction Cycle AEs and their Leadership Teams
• Working with BMs to ensure delivery of Transaction Cycle/Function Strategy
What we’re looking for:
• Leadership credentials; proven ability to maintain energy and resilience within an organisation throughout a period of change and/or against significant challenges
• Degree or equivalent qualification
• Significant experience in financial services; experience on an international scale preferred
• Experience in operating in a multi-geographic and matrix organisation with proven ability to balance commercial, client, and regulatory needs across businesses and geographies
Skills that will help you in the role
• Attention to detail and organisational skills are required, the ability to balance multiple critical requests from various stakeholders with outstanding precision
• Ability to develop and maintain constructive relationships with internal stakeholders across all levels and geographies of the organization
• Communication skills across a variety of forums and mediums, proven ability to distil information into key messages and deliver succinctly according to audience
• Ability to develop business strategy, communicate in clear and confident manner, and act independently to implement, sometimes using creativity in approach
Where will you be working?
You will be based in Radbroke, Knutsford. The Barclays Technology Campus just outside Manchester is our tech command centre and a vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. The campus is set in a 64 acre self-contained site, in a beautiful green environment and it offers unrivalled facilities for work and for play. We have an onsite gym, as well as outdoor tennis, football and cricket areas, as well as onsite restaurant and coffee shops.