Date live: Jan. 17, 2020
Reference Code: 90250009
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Technology
Job Title: Cloud Platform Engineer
Location: Radbroke, Knutsford
Our Contact Centre Transaction Cycle, unleash the personalities of our people, enabling and empowering them to become brilliant universal bankers, connect customers and colleagues via consistent, intelligent and smart technology.
Contact Centre is a dynamic group that look after the end to end delivery of technology across the entire Barclays estate. We architect, build, develop and release software and platforms for core voice platforms, including Voice Biometrics, IVR and speech analytics.
We need a DevOps Engineer to lead the development and enhancement of pipelines and tooling to support the teams building contact centre applications, keeping the platforms up to date and optimizing their performance.
What will you be doing?
• Develop, enhance, standardise, document and maintain pipelines and tooling, supporting the adoption and ongoing use of common CI/CD facilities and techniques in the development team
• Lead on the triage and resolution of platform issues for software deployments
• Collaborate effectively with colleagues; architects, designers, testers, product owners, scrum masters etc
• Track and report key metrics to analyse the effectiveness of CI / CD practices, review regularly and action resulting improvements
• Ensure solutions are extensible, maintainable, testable, scalable, manageable and performant
• Proactively manage risks and issues
• Contribute to operational objectives.
What we’re looking for:
• Knowledge and exposure of web based software development languages (Java, .Net)
• Proven background working in a Contact Centre environment
• Strong understanding and exposure with DevOps tools and platforms such as AWS, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins etc
• Software application background.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Exposure in a test driven development environment (TDD)
• Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
• Excellent problem solving ability.
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our technology hub in the North West, located at Radbroke Hall in Knutsford. It’s convenient for most people who live within a 35-mile radius, spanning from Liverpool, Chester, Manchester and Stoke. It’s a lively atmosphere with large open plan offices, with everything you need on site including various catering options, Starbucks, Gym, onsite parking etc.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.