Date live: Feb. 17, 2020
Reference Code: 90253776
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Technology
Job Title – DevOps Engineer
Location – Radbroke Hall, Knutsford
It's an exciting time at Barclays. API Platforms team have been the fastest growing channel over the last 18 – 24 months. This team offers technology and solutions to support the wider bank strategy in moving to an API-first and microservice architecture. As an API Platform DevOps Engineer, you will be working on building a cutting edge cloud native, microservice/ServiceMesh based API platform and the pipeline’s for APIs which are deployed into the platform. Interested and want to learn more? Read more below.
What will you be doing?
- You will be the technical first contact for the DevOps Engineers
- You will be working with the Head of DevOps to define the strategic direction of the platform
- You will be working with architects and system designers to define high-level solutions
- You will be writing detailed stories for the DevOps elements within the platform road map
- You will be working on POC activities
- You will be creating DevOps scripts using Jenkins, Gradle, Open Shift and other DevOps related technology
- You will be working with Java Developers and Automation Test Engineers to implement complete CI/CD pipelines
- You will be integrating static code analysis tools into the pipeline
What we’re looking for:
- Jenkins pipeline & Jenkins file development
- Knowledge of Docker
- DevOps experience
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Java development background
- Netflix cloud tools
- AWS experience
Where will you be working?
You will be based in Radbroke Hall, our technology hub for the UK; where the best come to work on the forefront of FinTech. It’s a lively atmosphere with large open plan offices, with everything you need on site including various catering options, Starbucks, a gym, onsite parking, etc.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.