Date live: Mar. 10, 2020
Reference Code: 90255709
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Technology
Job Title Devops Engineer
Location Radbroke Hall
This role sits in our Channels engineering team. In the Channels Engineering team we are looking for techies who are excited by coding, interested in DevOps and passionate about user experience. The area is responsible for delivery from the initial idea through to implementation of the features used by both Barclays customers and our colleagues. Our multi-channel applications (MCAs) are provided across web, mobile, telephony and contact center platforms. The MCA Devops team supports the automated delivery of applications from feature teams into production. The team maintains and continually develops a CI/CD pipeline and other associated tooling to help manage a large estate of containers running in openshift.
What will you be doing?
• Working within the DevOps team to define the strategic direction of the platform
• Work closely with development teams across local and remote locations
• Working with architects and system designers to define high-level solutions
• Writing detailed stories for the DevOps elements within the platform road map
• Creating DevOps scripts using Jenkins, Gradle, Open Shift and other DevOps related technology
• Working with Java Developers and Automation Test Engineers to implement complete CI/CD pipelines
• Supporting Monitoring Tools Integration like Appd, WILY , ELK etc
• Improving internal team processes by delivering tools/processes for other teams/customers to be able to 'help themselves' and ensure we are as automated as possible
What we’re looking for:
• Hands on experience in scripting languages – Groovy/Powershell/Gradle/Maven/Curl
• Experience in CI /CD management tools especially Jenkins.
• Experience with Cloud infrastructure services, Redhat Openshift V2/V3, container platforms, Kubernetes and build jobs, experience with Docker configuration
• Good understanding of the role of security in a pipeline
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience working in a Java environment (J2EE, SpingBoot, Maven, Gradle) and integrating with code quality tools (SonarQube, veracode)
• Focus on pipeline metrics and using data to improve the efficiency of a pipeline
• Experience of automation of governance/compliance processes
• Disciplined approach to unit testing, automated testing, and quality assurance
Where will you be working?
The Barclays Technology Campus, just outside Manchester, is our transatlantic tech command centre and one of the largest centres for information security in the UK. It’s the vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. Radbroke is a place where big ideas become world-leading realities. Where the best talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today’s demands, answer tomorrow’s questions and redefine the future of finance.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.