Jun. 23, 2022
COO & Functions
Temp / Contractor
Cyber Security Certifications Lead
As a Barclays Cyber Security Certifications Lead, you will be responsible for Driving the Chief security office communications to key stakeholders in both Business and IT communities, ensuring technical details and security details are understood allowing senior leaders to make informed decisions regarding security control. This is an excellent opportunity to lead strategic development and innovation activities for the Information Security Management Systems.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
• You will be responsible for managing the coordination of cyber security initiatives, support the Barclays Information Security Management System
• Being experienced with regard to the components and mechanisms making up the organizations IT Risk management and the controls that they provide
• Managing where appropriate, a variety of IT Security activities and other related activities which together aid in ensuring that the organisation’s assets
• Developing and enhancing relationships with client stakeholders and program managers that define and demonstrate value in engagement with Services
• Heading strategic development and innovation activities for the Information Security Management Systems to meet the Continual Improvement and mandatory requirements
• Maintaining collaborative working relationships with Corporate Banking stakeholders to manage clients’ expectations and demands proactively
What we’re looking for:
• SMS ISO27001 Lead Auditor – Ability to plan, deliver and report on an ISMS internal continual assessment of a site location, function or process
• Working understanding of OWASP Application Security Verification Standard (ASVS) v4 Level 2 and Mobile Security Verification Standard (MASVS) v1.3
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Knowledgeable about existing best practices for integration of security controls
• Explored and evaluated security considerations for multiple technologies
• Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certification
• Deliver and understand the results of Tenable Nessus scans to CVSS v3
Where will you be working?
You will be based in Radbroke, Knutsford. The Barclays Technology Campus just outside Manchester is our tech command centre and a vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. The campus is set in a 64-acre self-contained site, in a beautiful green environment and it offers unrivalled facilities for work and for play. We have an onsite gym, as well as outdoor tennis, football and cricket areas, as well as onsite restaurant and coffee shops.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
The Barclays Way
This is the spirit of Barclays. It’s why we exist, what we believe and how we behave. But most importantly, it’s how we make decisions, take action and get things done.
We exist to provide responsible finance to people and business – but also a whole lot more.
We believe great talent RISES. It acts with Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We discover our full potential through our desire to Empower, Challenge and Drive each other.
More about working at Barclays
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a Carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.