Job Title: Vice President - Private Banker
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Barclays lunched its onshore Private Banking business across India in 2008 and is a leading global player in the India onshore market.
The business offers bespoke investment, credit, wealth structuring and banking solutions to family offices and ultrahigh net worth individuals across India through teams in key locations (Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Kolkata, Chennai). The model will consist of experienced Private Bankers in each region supported centrally by a world-class Product Office with access to global expertise.
We are looking to hire an experienced Private Banker to acquire, develop and service a portfolio of clients across the ultra-high net worth space.
What will you be doing?
Identify, develop and secure new relationships through personal and client referrals, Barclays Group internal networks and corporate and investment banking sources.
- chieve personal targets for new clients, assets and revenues.
- Client Relationship Management
Maintain highest levels of service and delivery to existing clients at all times.
Key contact for all investment advice and client queries.
Key interface between clients and other parts of Barclays Private Bank and the wider Barclays Group.
Ensure conformity with global and market standards of client service, regulatory compliance, T&C, KYC, product delivery and operating model.
What we’re looking for:
Our professionals come from diverse international backgrounds such as law, accountancy, corporate finance and equity analysis as well as private banking. They all have a breadth of experience in their area of geographical expertise. All of our client-facing professionals are ‘mapped’ to a market focused team comprised of multi-lingual individuals who are fluent in all aspects related to their clients’ needs including local market, tax, estate planning and liquidity.
- Very strong relationship skills with experience of managing and handling the sophisticated needs of individuals and families
- Experience of building a client base using internal and external networks
- Effective in gaining an in-depth understanding of client’s needs and advising on a diverse range of wealth management solutions
- Satisfies the criteria for an approved person both initially and ongoing – this will involve obtaining the relevant qualifications if not already qualified.
- Significant experience of the Financial Services industry and skilled in differentiating advice according to the complexity of the client’s requirements.
- Detailed regulatory knowledge, in particular of Indian regulatory requirements, and an overall understanding of the business impact of the regulatory environment.
- Excellent market exposure and multi-disciplined private banking expertise
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Educated to Degree level
- Appropriate regulatory qualifications
- Fluent in English and Hindi
- Fluency in other Indian languages added advantage (regionally-specific)
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit but also with a collegiate approach
- Embraces challenge and an evolving/changing environment
- Rapidly assimilates new information and applies this knowledge as appropriate
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.