Apprenticeships at Barclays
If you're thinking about your next step, and want a tailored, career boosting experience, then a Barclays apprenticeship could be right for you.
As an Apprentice, you'll join us in a full-time role - doing real, challenging work from the start. We'll also give you training towards recognised, meaningful professional qualifications. And we'll be there to support you at every stage. From a dedicated career coach to our e-learning platform, there are endless opportunities for our apprentices to develop their knowledge and skills.
Whatever your qualifications, and whatever stage of life you are in, there's a Barclays Apprenticeship for you.
Apr. 26, 2022
COO & Functions
Apprentice - Foundation Apprentice – All other businesses
Customer Service – Foundation Apprentice Programme – 2022
Our Customer Service Foundation Apprenticeship is a 24-month programme that’s all about building a firm foundation for the career you want, with support to achieve what you’re capable of. An opportunity for real-world experience with a recognised qualification. Whatever your experience, whatever your age. If you never imagined you could find success in a world-class bank, or you never thought apprenticeships could be the start of something big, it’s time to think differently.
Why should I apply?
- You’ll learn alongside the people you’ll be working with day-to-day – getting the same professional training as they do. You’ll even benefit from one-to-one training and tuition, and have dedicated mentors (both inside and outside of Barclays) to turn to for advice and guidance.
- We’ll support you with both your work and your studies, with time set aside at work for you to complete your assignments. Our training is going digital (just like our customers), so we’ve developed a new e-learning platform you can access on the go, for help in your studies. We’ll also sign you up for the Digital Driving Licence - an innovative virtual way to learn new skills to then inspire our customers and colleagues.
- You’ll finish your apprenticeship with a professional qualification allowing you to demonstrate high standards of professionalism, enhancing your opportunities for a long career. Qualification options range from CBI, CII, CISI, and LIBF.
- You’ll be exposed to both physical and virtual Customer Service roles, a great stepping-stone into many specialist roles here at Barclays, opening up opportunities for a great career in a variety of different directions based on your interests and skills.
Who are we looking for?
- You’re inquisitive, conscientious and raring to go. To us, it all comes down to your attitude, commitment and will to succeed. Think of it this way: whether the apprenticeship is your first job out of school or your last before you retire, you're welcome here.
- You enjoy helping people and thrive off great customer service. You have great communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team.
- You’ll need to have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s
Where you’ll be based
You might be working in our Wavertree Park site, which has recently been renovated into a modern contact centre, offering a warm and friendly environment (with access to our on-site staff canteen.) However, our Customer Service Apprenticeship does offer opportunities to also work in surrounding branches, giving you the chance to explore life in Liverpool within a working culture that encourages you to excel in your career.
With home markets in the UK and US, Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management.
With over 325 years of expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries, employing around 83,500 people to help move, lend, invest and protect money for customers and clients worldwide.
What you get in return
However high you rise at Barclays, we believe all our employees should receive a competitive package of core benefits flexible to you and your family’s needs. At Barclays, you’ll support our customers and clients, and we’ll support you with rewards that will genuinely make a difference.
What makes a successful Apprentice at Barclays?
Our Apprenticeships are designed to be career boosting experiences, regardless of your qualifications. To us, it all comes down to your attitude, commitment and will to succeed. We’re looking for potential, and here are some of the qualities that will help you excel.
There’s no other business quite like Barclays. There are no other careers quite like ours. We’re here to champion your development, and we truly want you to enjoy your career journey. We’ll give you all the support and encouragement you need to make the most of this experience. And you’ll have the chance to make a genuine contribution to our inclusive culture and support our purpose as we serve our customers, clients, communities and colleagues.
The Barclays Way
This is the spirit of Barclays. It’s why we exist, what we believe and how we behave. But most importantly, it’s how we make decisions, take action and get things done.
We exist to provide responsible finance to people and business – but also a whole lot more.
We believe great talent RISES. It acts with Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We discover our full potential through our desire to Empower, Challenge and Drive each other.
More about working at Barclays
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.