Business Support Manager
As a Barclays Business Support Manager, you will report directly into the Head of UK Domestic Private Bank, assisting with the day-to-day running of the business, strategic priorities, and leading initiatives to support and drive sales, service, and performance. You will identify appropriate efficiency savings and process enhancements across the team and work with wider stakeholders for effective implementation and embedding of projects and change initiatives.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Providing business and performance updates and strategic papers for senior management as required
• Managing business communications for UK Domestic Private Bank including Townhalls as well as organising leadership and Private Banker strategic offsites
• Working closely with resourcing partners to proactively address hiring needs
• Providing ad hoc business management support such as service management liaison and project implementation
• Assisting Head of Business Development with sales management and reporting
• Having line management accountability of two Team Assistants
• Being accountable for management of the business travel and entertainment budget
• Working with Marketing and Events to coordinate client hospitality and managing invites/ attendance
What we’re looking for:
• Broad knowledge of Private Bank industry and expertise in working with various product and functional stakeholders at all levels of seniority
• Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
• High level of financial literacy with logical and structured approach to achieving desired outcomes
• Skilled at Microsoft PowerPoint and strategic communication
Skills that will help you in the role:
• High-level of energy and enthusiasm
• Experience in producing clear and concise briefings to senior audiences
• Ability to deliver under pressure and to balance priorities in a fast-paced environment
Where will you be working?
1 Churchill Place in the heart of Canary Wharf is our London headquarter. The building is easily accessible by Tube, Docklands Light Railway and all major bus links. The atmosphere is second to none with an array of onsite amenities and a real buzz being created around the offices within.