- About Us
- Business Areas
- Early Careers
You have not viewed any jobs yet.
Date live: Mar. 14, 2023
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Risk and Quantitative Analytics
Reference Code: 90320244
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train stations & bus stops, gyms, restaurants and more.Explore location
Credit Risk Basel IV Manager
London or Glasgow
As a Barclays Credit Risk Basel IV Manager, you will assist Barclays Risk Regulatory Coordination in complying with our prudential regulatory requirements. Supporting oversight and governance activities, you will have an opportunity to work with Risk stakeholders across Barclays International (BI) and Barclays UK. Ensuring close and effective coordination with credit risk managers, Quality Assurance, Model Owners, and other key stakeholders on Basel IV you will become a central point of expertise and valued member of the team.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Assisting the annual self-assessment process, ensuring that the assessment of compliance is fully documented and governance requirements are adhered to
• Coordinating and tracking the delivery of both regular and ad-hoc regulatory deliverables, including those related to our model permissions
• Keeping appraised of new and emerging regulatory requirements, supporting communication and team leads on responses to new regulations and consultation papers
• Supporting Risk-led meetings with regulators through preparation of meeting materials, and ensuring notes and actions are recorded and tracked
• Actively maintaining the central Permissions Library, ensuring that communications and correspondence from regulators are updated to the Library
• Supporting regulatory submissions required for new models and model changes, including the tracking and delivery of any queries or actions arising
• Tracking the management of regulatory issues relating to Credit Risk including those identified by regulators and self-identified issues
• Helping team leads interpret and communicate updates to Risk colleagues and management, model owners and business on key themes and topics of focus
What we’re looking for:
• Awareness of prudential regulations related to Credit Risk, i.e. high level knowledge of Internal Rating Based model permissions
• Knowledge of Credit Risk including product knowledge and experience in related fields such as risk models, methodologies, risk mitigation and risk management
• Excellent numerical skills and ability to clearly write and articulate complex subject matter
• Excellent software skills including proficiency in the use of MS applications and SharePoint
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Knowledge of credit risk methodologies and regulatory context
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to confidently engage with internal and external stakeholders at multiple levels
• Ability to summarise and present information in succinct formats for presentation to senior leaders and other stakeholders
• Delivery focused - highly organised with excellent attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks and deliver within tight timeframes
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as: a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and it is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a Carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
This is the spirit of Barclays. It’s why we exist, what we believe and how we behave. But most importantly, it’s how we make decisions, take action and get things done.
We exist to provide responsible finance to people and business – but also a whole lot more.
We believe great talent RISES. It acts with Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We discover our full potential through our desire to Empower, Challenge and Drive each other.