Valuations Control - Credit Manager
What will you be doing:
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
The Finance department covers Product Control and Financial Control which are jointly responsible for the integrity of the financial records.
Product Control Valuations is a control function responsible for providing independent oversight of the fair values associated with the firm’s trading portfolios. Primary duties include performing regular independent price verification, providing oversight of provision and reserve methodologies and regular measurement and reporting of Regulatory Prudent Valuations.
To ensure that the firm's FI Credit portfolio is appropriately valued, based on a combination of analysis of market data inputs and review/assessment of the pricing models and methodologies used at both a portfolio and individual trade level.
What we’re looking for
• A proven team player who is able to work in a dynamic and fast paced team environment.
• Proven ability of influencing and motivating others in the delivery of key projects in pressurised circumstances.
• Actively support the development of team members in identifying strengths and weaknesses, in providing suggestions for improvements and in maintaining a constructive and open feedback culture.
• Proactively seeking opportunities for continuous development of personal capability and identifying potential sources for new ideas and approaches, leading to an improved performance
• Ability to interact confidently with FO and other quantitative departments of the bank in discussing pricing and modelling issues.
• MSc in quantitative discipline or a similar qualification and/or professional qualification (e.g. CFA, FRM) is preferred.
• Minimum 10 years experience in a Valuation Control function, Product Control Line, risk management or trading role of a top tier investment bank.
• Robust experience in a Credit Valuation Control function (preferably Illiquid Markets and Structured Credit), risk management or trading role of a top tier investment bank.
• Experience and proven track record in dealing with junior and senior members of Front office, Line Product Control, Risk management teams across various locations.
• Proactive and assertive in identifying control or valuation concerns, challenging the Business and driving control improvement for their area.
Skills that will help you in your role
• Strong financial product knowledge and attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills and stakeholder management and ability to work independently to resolve unstructured problems. Team player.
• Strong communication skills and ability to present / explain complex issues in simple terms with stakeholders from Trading, Finance, Market Risk and IT across different levels.
• Proactive and assertive in identifying control or valuation concerns and driving control improvement for their area. Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines. Able to multi-task and prioritize own request.