- About Us
- Business Areas
- Early Careers
You have not viewed any jobs yet.
Date live: Mar. 17, 2023
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Operations
Reference Code: 90304863
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train stations & bus stops, gyms, restaurants and more.Explore location
Distressed Loan Closer
As a Barclays Distressed Loan Closer, you will be managing a diverse portfolio of Secondary debt trades from trade date through to settlement, working within a small team managing highly distressed and complex transactions. You will be a technical expert in distressed debt settlement for the business, providing insight of complex situations. You will be using a comprehensive understanding of the distressed debt market to support and drive new product types and trading strategy.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Being responsible for the co-ordination and management of distressed transactions traded by the Credit business
• Managing corporate actions and distressed debt restructures, with detailed analysis and substantiation of PnL
• Drafting and review of legal documentation across multi jurisdictions. Covering all distressed debts, including Loans, Warrants, Shares, Equities & Bonds
• Dissemination of private side and MNPI under drafter and agreed NDAs
• Review and analysis of credit documentation where the trading business sit on the Public side
• Managing deals associated to Spanish and French notaries, liaising with external and internal legal counsel ensuring all requirements are adhered to
• Monitoring of distressed holdings, and engagement with Operations colleagues to ensure correct accounting for performing and non-performing debt
• Managing and attending meetings with Front Office for both existing trades and new trade opportunities
What we’re looking for:
• Extensive experience in the Secondary Loans space with an in-depth knowledge covering Distressed debt transactions
• Experience of creating bespoke documentation
• Highly organized with ability to prioritise work in a high pressure environment to meet tight deadlines
• Advanced level of communication – written and spoken
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint
• Processing experience in ACBS
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a Carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
This is the spirit of Barclays. It’s why we exist, what we believe and how we behave. But most importantly, it’s how we make decisions, take action and get things done.
We exist to provide responsible finance to people and business – but also a whole lot more.
We believe great talent RISES. It acts with Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We discover our full potential through our desire to Empower, Challenge and Drive each other.