As a Barclays Executive Assistant, you will be supporting two Managing Directors within Senior Relationship Management (SRM) as well as providing general administrative support to the wider team. You will be part of a global team who look after the Group's most important financial and institutional clients including banks, asset managers and sovereign wealth funds. As an SRM, you will work with Investment Banking and Corporate banking divisions to ensure the needs of the clients are coordinated across the bank.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
Colleagues who have applied for 'onsite' roles are expected to work four or five days a week at the selected workplace, contingent upon their specific role and business area requirements. If you're applying for a position, please discuss the working pattern specifics with the hiring manager. It's important to note that we are constantly adapting our working environment, and as a result, working arrangements can be adjusted with reasonable notice to align with our business needs.
What will you be doing?
• Working with highly confidential information where discretion and trust are essential
• Having extensive communication with clients (predominantly C-suite) and public figures on behalf of the MDs and SRM team
• Being responsible for scheduling and extensive co-ordination of international travel and detailed travel itineraries
• Processing all expenses in line with policy timelines and flagging direct report expense submissions to be approved
• Providing cross-cover for other Assistants in the wider team
• Onboarding new team members and raising associated new joiner requests
What we’re looking for:
• Excellent communication skills written and oral, with extensive experience co-ordinating complex international travel garnered in a similar position
• Can make quick informed decisions with a solid understanding of the business
• Ability to challenge the urgency and importance of requests on a day to day basis and possess organisational skills and exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to work in a high pressured environment whilst juggling multiple tasks, where confidentiality is a key priority
Skills that will help you in the role:
• French /German speaking – preferred but not essential
• Previous client facing experience /liaising with C-Suite clients
• A pro-active and dynamic personality with an ability to work with a diverse range of people is essential
• Must be able to work both autonomously and collaboratively
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.