FIG Payments Product Manager
As a Barclays FIG Payments Product Manager, you will further assist the wider Clearing team in setting and managing the financial, customer and control objectives for the Clearing products offered by Barclays to clients in the Financial Institution Group (FIG) segment. These clients include Banks, Broker Dealers and Non-Bank Payment Service Providers (Fintech). The FIG client segment is a key and growing part of the overall Corporate client base for Clearing and cross border payments.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Providing specialist sales support to the FIG Sales and FIG Coverage, designing and changing products whilst maintaining an innovative, risk based and client focused approach
• Combining client insight with an understanding of the financial, risk and operational underpinnings of the product to recommend propositions that solve client problems
• Owning the end-to-end client journey, ensuring that the core processes that support the product are robust to deliver the right outcome for our clients
• Owning periodic Product Reviews and overseeing regulatory compliance, adherence to operating model and ownership of regulatory impacts
• Defining and commercializing product strategy and actively scanning the external environment to identify any risks and opportunities to your product line
• Monitoring of key industry trends, competitive developments and changes in customer needs/behaviour to contribute to business and product development
• Working with colleagues in Coverage, Product and the Sales Specialist teams to forecast future customer demand & monitoring that demand
• Supporting the development of internal and external regulatory change assessments – e.g. ISO 20022 while developing and delivering training to all levels of colleagues
What we’re looking for:
• Proven track record of owning and delivering projects and/or initiatives
• Previous exposure and experience of delivering on financial objectives/understanding of key drivers of P&L
• Excellent planning, organisational skills and analytical skills
• Ability to engage with people of all levels of seniority, with excellent team working and knowledge sharing skills
Skills that will help you in the role:
•Experience of working in a regulatory environment with attention to the detail
•In-depth knowledge of international Payments and /or Correspondent Banking
•Wide knowledge of regulatory environment related to Payments (PSD2, Wire Transfer Regulation, etc)
•In-depth knowledge of SWIFT FIN and/or ISO 20022 XML formats in the interbank, customer to bank and bank to customer contexts
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.