Global Service Manager – Spanish speaking
London, Canary Wharf
As a Barclays Global Service Manager – Spanish speaking, you will get an exciting opportunity to be a member of a Servicing team and work closely with the Relationship team to provide high quality service to a portfolio of Large Corporate clients in Spanish and English. In your role, you will work with the Relationship Director and Relationship Support Managers to deliver a high level of client satisfaction by executing client instructions and owning and resolving queries accurately within service level agreements.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Answering servicing requests received from clients, as well as those from other business areas and third parties in Spanish over telephone, fax and email
• Providing the delivery of world-class service through excellent client servicing and transactional processing
• Leading as a point of contact for technical and procedural queries in primarily Spanish
• Monitoring service levels and driving appropriate improvements to achieve number one client satisfaction when measured against other Banks
• Working closely with the rest of the team providing mutual assistant by covering, training, leading/coaching, and communicating knowledge of best practice
• Ensuring that training manuals and processes are kept up-to-date and adhere to compliance and risk regulations in multiple languages
What we’re looking for:
• Fluent written, reading, speaking and listening in both English and Spanish to native level
• World Class Customer Service Skills both on the telephone and via email with ability to utilise basic Microsoft systems (such as Outlook, Word, and Excel)
• Ability to take ownership of customer queries and cross-support and lead/manage colleagues with customer queries
• Competent to work towards strict deadlines and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for efficient resolution of customer queries
Skills that will help you in the role
• Knowledge and solid grasp of Europe and UK Banking and systems used within Barclays – i.e. Barclays.Net, iPortal, MassPay, FileGateway, SEPA Direct, QMS, etc
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.