Head of Brand Experience – 12-month FTC
As Barclays Head of Brand Experience you will join us to define, enhance, elevate and embed the Barclays Private Bank brand strategy across the business, Barclays Group and externally with our key audiences. Once with us, your key focus areas will be growth via new client acquisition as a result of building brand awareness and fame, and deepening engagement with existing clients in key domestic and international markets through enriched brand experiences.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is location flexible. We will consider requests for locating the role at an alternative Barclays’ key UK office from that advertised.
We are looking for candidates who can start within a few weeks.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
What will you be doing?
• Working with our internal teams and agencies to develop best-in-class brand and creative strategy for the Private Bank
• Bringing insight and expertise to the development of creative execution and activation ideas
• Understanding target audiences and key market focus areas
• Ensuring the brand strategy is effectively distilled into campaign plans and channel strategies for the Private Bank
• Ensuring that all campaigns respond directly to client insight and evolving market trends for UHNW clients, and supporting prospect generation and proposition engagement
• Ensuring the brand is activated through the Brand, Marketing and Insights Centres of Excellence across a range of marketing channels, targeted advertising, partnerships, content, product literature and events
• Collaborating with agency partners and potentially other third parties (e.g. media partners or other brands) to deliver multi-channel output across our client segments and markets
• Building deep understanding of proposition, and regional nuances, to better partner with local Marketing leads
What we’re looking for:
• Proven strategic ability with experience in leading strategic work streams or projects from inception
• A proven client-orientation, as you will be responsible for representing the team in activation efforts and in working with agency partners and cross-functional colleagues
• Proven ability to influence the business and business decision making based on effective storytelling and persuasion skills
• Solid creative instinct
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Knowledge of Private Bank market, client base and propositions
• Experience in activating global campaigns on a local basis
• Overseas experience
• Relevant experience in financial services, and/or luxury/ prestige/ premium brands focused on high net worth and ultra-high net worth target audiences
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.