Date live: Jan. 13, 2020
Reference Code: 90244288
Business Area: Barclays UK
Area of Expertise: Analytics
As a Barclays Performance Optimisation Manager, you will be providing analytical support and strategic insight into the Unsecured Lending Portfolio, enabling the optimisation of our customer base through portfolio modelling, valuing commercial propositions and performance monitoring.
Working as a Performance Optimisation Manager, you will work with a wide range of Barclays business functions with stakeholders within Product, Channels & Lifecycle Management and Decision Analytics teams.
What will you be doing?
• Identifying opportunities to further optimise the Unsecured Lending portfolio that will aid the business in achieving its commercial goals
• Monitoring the performance of key initiatives to quantify their impact and effectiveness
• Identifying new data sources and / or analytical techniques that could enhance the Commercial Optimisation process
• Building strong relationships with key stakeholders across Unsecured Lending and the wider Barclays business
• Conducting analysis to size potential opportunities and provide insight into customer behavior
What we’re looking for:
• Experience in supporting the delivery of financial planning cycles, understand in depth all P&L drivers, and the impact of different financial levers
• Strong data analysis skills and knowledge and detail orientated to ensure flawless execution
• Solid experience in extracting, analyzing and presenting complicated data sets into ‘business-speak’ insights for senior executives
• Advanced understanding of SAS/SQL
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Financial modelling skills with a strong commercial focus
• Experience of working within UK retail banking and/or consumer payments sector
• Excellent organisational skills and able to priotise work load
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We will consider applications from job share applicants