As a Barclays Marketing Manager you will develop and activate a marketing strategy for the UK Private Bank (Domestically & Internationally). Responsible for partnering with the business to deliver engagement activities that drive revenue by accelerating the acquisition of new business both from potential and existing clients. Working in partnership with the Head of Marketing for the UK, as well as the Heads of Marketing Internationally and the Centres of Excellence within the central team.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is location flexible. We will consider requests for locating the role at an alternative Barclays’ key UK office from that advertised.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Working in partnership with stakeholders across the Private Bank to deliver world class engagement activities to drive reputation and meet the commercial goals of the business
• Supporting the design and delivery of opportunities for the banking teams to create new relationships or enrich their existing ones
• Supporting the planning and delivery of targeted multi-channel activity to meet the objectives of the local market and audience nuances
• Optimising the business opportunities for collaboration across Private Bank and the broader Barclays Group, and working closely with colleagues in the marketing team
• Ensuring that we put the client at the heart of everything we do working closely with all internal and external stakeholders to deliver our client agenda
• Supporting the Head of Marketing, Private Bank UK to shape and drive the marketing strategy for the UK Private Bank & Crown Dependencies
• Leveraging client, competitor, market and search insight to ensure that we are delivering engaging and relevant marketing to clients and prospects.
• Working alongside the Centres of Excellence to increase brand awareness, familiarity and consideration across the UK with our target audience.
What we’re looking for:
• Investment management, asset management or private banking background, with relevant UHNW experience
• Relevant marketing experience in a marketing manager role with the ability to multi-task, prioritise and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail
• Ability to build strong relationships and understand a diverse product base
• Complete understanding of the issues around writing content for different environments (online / written communications / email / trade publications / PR).
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience in quantifying and measuring marketing initiatives and outcomes
• Understanding of regulatory requirements for communication, and experience working within a regulated industry
• Experience working internationally across LatAm, Africa & Asia
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.