Model Validation – Traded Pricing Models
As a Barclays Model Validation – Traded Pricing Models you will be part of the Traded Models IVU (Independent Validation Unit) team, which is responsible for the quantitative review and challenge across pricing models, market risk models, counterparty credit risk models and finance models. Your role will offer you widespread exposure to senior management as your work will be directly reviewed and fed back on by asset class heads.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing:
• Focusing on independently performing and documenting analysis and testing of pricing models, market risk models and counterparty credit risk models
• Negotiating and agreeing workload prioritisation within the team as well as with other stakeholders
• Justifying and defending your analyses and conclusions as required
• Contributing toward the continuous innovation and improvement in efficiency and effectiveness of processes within the asset-class group
• Collaborating with other model stakeholders such as Front Office, Quantitative Analytics, Market Risk, Counterparty Credit Risk and Line Product Control
What we’re looking for:
• Postgraduate education in a quantitative discipline, for example Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or Quantitative Finance
• Proven track record of working with common pricing models and familiarity with their strengths and weaknesses
• Ability of designing/executing and documenting quantitative testing/analyses
• Programming experience; VBA, C++
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience of working on projects together with more junior team members
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to apply these skills to a range of audiences in a variety of circumstances, for ex. within a team presentation setting
• A highly rational & logical thought process with excellent attention to detail
• Ability to understand the principles behind the role purpose, responsibilities as well as the wider business context
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.