Date live: Oct. 22, 2018
Reference Code: 00252892
Business Area: Barclays UK
Area of Expertise: Credit, Mortgages & Lending
Click here to find out more from our Mortgage https://youtu.be/O5jBUXJ5D1M
Mortgage Advisor - Central London
This is an opportunity to work as a Barclays Mortgage Advisor in a branch based in Central London.
As a Barclays Mortgage Advisor, you will have the exciting opportunity to play a crucial part in our customer’s home owning journey. Based in a branch, you will own every aspect of the mortgage process and provide expert advice to ensure each experience is quick, easy and stress free. You will also get involved in making recommendations on related products such as life and home insurance and critical illness cover. With comprehensive training to support you in being the best you can be, you will work in a customer obsessed team with a range of market leading products and innovative technology.
As a Mortgage Advisor, your main responsibilities will involve:
• Conducting face to face meetings with customers, building relationships to provide accurate advice on our range of regulated products whilst applying your expert knowledge
• Proactively managing the customer experience from application to completion, understanding the customer’s needs to ensure they receive exceptional service
• Influencing your network and specialist colleagues, to ensure the delivery of consistently high standards of ‘seamless’ customer service across all branch and specialist propositions
• Agreeing personal contributions to the Branch plan and the wider business plan, to exploit local mortgage market knowledge and intelligence
• Identifying broader opportunities and referring them to the most appropriate network or specialist colleague to ensure the branch achieves its overall goals
As a Mortgage Advisor, your skills and qualifications will include:
• Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practise (CeMAP) or Mortgage Advice Qualification (MAQ) and previous experience in advising customers on mortgage products
• Previous experience in a customer-facing role, with excellent customer service and the ability to build strong relationships with customers, peers and more senior individuals
• A good understanding of the mortgage market, products and services, and be able to demonstrate a keen interest in Mortgages
•Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to overcome challenges
This role is deemed as a Certified role under the UK PRA & Financial Conduct Authority - Individual Accountabilities Regulations and following training, will require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
All we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
We will consider applications from job share applicants.
Ready to apply?
There are up to five stages to our application process:
1. Application: On your application we'll ask for information like your contact details, education and work experience. You’ll also be required to upload a CV, so it's a good idea to have it ready.
2. Online Assessment: We'll then ask you to complete an online assessment exercise which we will send to you via email. Our assessments are carefully designed to measure the skills and capabilities necessary to be successful in our roles, but they'll also provide you with some insight into what our roles entail.
3. Application Review: We will review your application along with your responses to the online assessment exercise. Depending on the type of role you are applying for, we may contact you to arrange a brief telephone interview to discuss your experience in more detail.
4. Interview: If your application is progressed, we'll invite you to attend a face-to-face interview. We want you to be free to choose an interview time that suits you, so we'll provide some options and ask you to select your preferred timeslot.
5. Outcome: We will keep you updated throughout the process. If you attend an interview, we'll be in touch within five working days of all interviews being completed to advise you of the outcome.
Visit our website for tips and advice on each stage www.jobs.barclays.co.uk/advice or click below to apply now.
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.