Private Banker South Africa desk
This role is deemed as a Certified role under the PRA & UK Financial Conduct Authority - Individual Accountabilities Regulations and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.
As a Barclays Private Banker South Africa desk, you will have an exciting opportunity to be part of the team that offers bespoke banking and investment solutions to ultra-high net worth clients. In your new role, you will be acting as trusted advisor to clients providing bespoke banking services, lending, and wealth structuring, in addition to a world class range of investment solutions and products across all asset classes. Specifically, you will be managing and handling the needs of private individuals and families in South Africa.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Working as a team in achieving targets for new client acquisition, netting new asset, credit, investment acquisitions, and revenues
• Maintaining the highest levels of client service and delivery, and acting as key contact for banking products, credit advice and client queries
• Delivering high quality bespoke advice, maximising value for our clients and negotiating the best commercial outcome
• Being responsible for controlling and monitoring of risk within a client book
• Acting as the key interface between the client and other teams including Wealth Advisory, Discretionary Portfolio Management, Investment Advisory, Global, Investment & Solutions
• Discussing markets, their issues, and opportunities with clients
• Being responsible for utilising the banker toolset, systems and platforms, and challenging current standards to continuously improve quality
• Engaging with digital technologies, products and solutions that are relevant to the Wealth business, and using them to enhance the service provided to clients
What we’re looking for:
• Exceptional relationship skills and experience of managing and handling the needs of private client individuals and families in South Africa specifically
• Ability to gain in-depth understanding of clients’ needs and advising on a diverse range of wealth management solutions
• Previous experience of the Financial Services industry, ideally in the areas of Retail regulated products and services to mass market and high net worth customers and asset management
• Being RDR level four qualified or working towards qualification
Skills that will help you in the role:
• RE5 qualification is highly desirable
• High aptitude and knowledge of the digital landscape
• Excellent market exposure and multi-disciplined private banking expertise
• Business development and cold calling skills
Where will you be working?
1 Churchill Place in the heart of Canary Wharf is our London headquarter. The building is easily accessible by Tube, Docklands Light Railway and all major bus links. The atmosphere is second to none with an array of onsite amenities and a real buzz being created around the offices within.