Business Analyst – Credit Trading
As a Barclay’s Business Analyst in the Credit Electronic Strategy team, you will have the opportunity to own the full product lifecycle; from idea generation to implementation. You will oversee the build out of several high priority and highly visible global credit trading systems and work very closely with traders, salespeople and senior management to ensure that the development process is continually advancing the strategic narrative and commercial objective of that product.
What will you be doing?
• Partnering with stakeholders to produce written Product Specifications, Business Requirement Documentation, simple functional prototypes and workflow diagrams
• Leading workshops and working sessions with relevant stakeholders and Development Teams to create and maintain the functional blueprints for all technology deliverables
• Interfacing with the development team on an ongoing basis to ensure that all functional deliverables are being built to the specification
• Assessing systems and processes in ‘current state’ as well as analyzing the ‘target state’ processes, business requirements, functional details and data requirements
• Developing a clear understanding of business needs and partnering with technology and infrastructure to communicate and develop requirements to achieve work stream goals
• Partnering with the infrastructure team throughout the lifecycle of the project to ensure end product / solution meets business requirements
• Overseeing User Acceptance Testing and coordinating with QA and Development during QA testing to monitor all new and existing bugs/issues
• Defining Key Performance Indicators for products as well as drafting release notes, user guides, internal and external communication on all product-related correspondence
What we’re looking for:
• Previous experience in Credit Trading would be desirable, but relevant experience in Equities Trading / Fintech will also be suitable
• Extensive experience creating functional / technical specifications for a full front-to-back technology platform
• Extensive experience with full Software / Product Development Lifecycle, with explicit oversight over requirements
• Ability to integrate business requirements, commercial objectives, budgetary considerations and technological factors into a coherent, strategic project plan
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Undergraduate Degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or similar discipline
• Detail-oriented and able to define ideas down to a specification level
• Ability to define key success metrics for projects
• Ability to establish new processes to maximize organizational efficiency
Where will you be working?
5 North Colonnade is home to our investment bank and is in the heart of Canary Wharf, just a short walk from our headquarters at Churchill Place. It boasts an array of onsite amenities such as dry cleaning as well as a deli and buffet style staff restaurant. The building is easily accessible by Tube, Docklands Light Railway and all major bus links. The atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.