Quantitative Analyst Senior Manager
As a Barclay’s Quantitative Analyst Senior Manager, you will use your knowledge to assist in growing the team. In your new role you will partner with key stakeholders to drive the analytics agenda. You will gain knowledge about the Prime Services business and assist to develop new and improve existing analytics. Quantitative Analyst Prime is a new team within the Quantitative Analyst Desk Strategy group to support the rapidly growing Prime Services business.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a career, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Designing, developing and improving models and analytics in Prime in collaboration with Front Office
• Liaising with Front Office and Technology to deploy analytics in production
• Providing tactical analysis
What we’re looking for:
• Masters or PhD in a quantitative field (Mathematics/ Physics/ Computer Science/ Engineering)
• Working knowledge of financing products (repo/ margin loan/ securities lending/ total return swaps/ futures) as well as linear hedge derivatives
• Extensive working knowledge of Python and familiarity with C++
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience with designing of PnL tracking/ decomposition/ allocation frameworks of prime financing products
• Good analytical and numerical skills
• Familiarity and practical experience with statistics and data analysis
• Experience with data visualization tools and libraries (e.g. Jupyter, Bokeh)
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.