Research Analyst Product Management
This role is deemed as a Certified role under the PRA & UK Financial Conduct Authority - Individual Accountabilities Regulations and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.
As Barclays Research Analyst Product Management, you will be a part of the wider Research Product Management Group (PMG) and you’ll be collaborating with senior management and research teams, focusing on maximizing the impact of Research through content origination, marketing, branding, and lifting the profile of the Global Research franchise. This is a great opportunity for you, as the role is stimulating and offers great career progression.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 333 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Supporting with the development of European FICC Research pipeline, across Credit and Macro (both developed and emerging markets, across economics, FX, and rates)
• Improving the quality of research content and identifying and executing new research content opportunities
• Identifying opportunities and executing on collaborative content with global FICC and equity research
• Driving the origination of topical, market-relevant content-led global analyst roadshows, Premier Events, conferences, and client engagement opportunities
• Exploring, evaluating, and executing new formats for delivering research with an eye on commerciality
• Being responsible for proactive marketing of Global FICC Research content via publications, content management on Barclays Live and
• Directing marketing of Research Content with Markets Distribution, Trading and more widely across the Bank
• Strengthening internal collaboration across Research, PMG, Distribution and Trading to deliver high impact content and expand the quality of the Barclays Research franchise
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor's degree in finance /accounting /economics, or practical experience to the equivalent
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Proficiency and familiarity in FX and rates markets and investments, with a particular focus on US and LatAm markets
• Ability to look for links between top-down macro/market topics and sector/company-specific insights and passionate about following markets
Skills that will help you in the role:
• CFA charter holders and candidates with buy side, either macro or multi-asset experience will be prioritized
• Lateral thinking, proactive, resourceful, creative, proactiveness, resilience, and a “can do” attitude
• Communicative with high emotional intelligence to operate in a collaborative environment and present decisions confidently
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.