Insurance Risk Manager
Date live: Nov. 13, 2020
Reference Code: 90270455
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Operations
Insurance Risk Manager
As a Barclays Insurance Risk Manager, you will be responsible for the management and execution of assigned corporate and standalone insurance programmes, including, but not limited to, Barclays Global Property Damage and Business Interruption (“PDBI”) and terrorism insurance policies. You will deliver comprehensive advice, support and challenge to business areas globally on all matters relating to corporate Insurance programs and/or other insurance risk solutions.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is open to dynamic working arrangements. Such as working from home, flexible or compressed hours, part-time options as well as the opportunity is open to job share arrangements. If you have a need for flexibility, please apply and discuss this with us during the hiring process.
What will you be doing?
• You will be directly responsible for the control, design and end to end management of specific insurance policies identified by the Director of Group Insurance
• Working on the following policies, but not limited to, the Group PDBI, Terrorism, Construction and various standalone insurance policies
• Ensuring all assigned insurance programs undergo required governance and are in line with Barclays internal policies and standards and Group Insurance placement protocols
• Being directly responsible for the oversight and management of all claims arising from assigned insurance programmes
• You will deliver and administer specific standalone policies through appointed insurance broker(s), for risks not insurable through the Group’s corporate insurance programmes
• Delivering expertise and support with respect to mergers, acquisitions, disposals and divestments as well as supporting insurance provider network evaluations
What we’re looking for:
• Excellent technical foundation in Property, Terrorism, Construction and Casualty insurance, claims management and management of third party insurance relationships
• Demonstrated experience in corporate risk management and/or related industry experience with emphasis on managing global risk exposures
• Proven good interpersonal, public speaking and presentation skills
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of the following packages: Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Professional insurance designations can be advantageous
• Thorough knowledge of the organisational structure of the Group i.e. hierarchical, structure and locations would be beneficial
• A first rate understanding of the global insurance markets and the products used for the transfer of risk (including ART and other capital market structures) is ideal
• An undergraduate degree and extensive proven experience in the insurance industry would be desirable
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.
More about working at Barclays
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic Working is a flexible approach to working. Dynamic Working empowers each of us to work in a way that suits ours lives, so we can better serve our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer; whether you need study time or ‘me’ time, Dynamic Working is designed to help you balance your life.