Senior Cyber Operations Analyst
As a Barclays Senior Cyber Operations Analyst, you will work a shift pattern of 4 days on, 4 days off, providing 1st and 2nd line analysis, triage and escalation of security events. The Cyber Operations team mission is to deliver 24x7x365 continuous and real-time monitoring, analysis, incident response, threat hunting and intelligence services globally. You’ll support a coordinated suite of integrated functions, as you help us to identify, prevent, monitor and respond to threats against our customers, colleagues and the Barclays estate.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Coordinating and supporting remediation activities, to understand when to escalate events, and how to track and report security incidents
• Working with existing processes and technologies to detect, respond and prevent malicious electronic attacks to our networks and network estate
• Being the first point of contact, providing command, control and reporting support to Major Incident Management teams for all security incidents
• Analysing and reporting all events and anomalies in line with our cyber security related directives
• Using intelligence information to enhance detection, and improvement of functional capability
• Delivering technical detection and response programs and initiatives, using your previous experience, methods and tools to provide value for the organisation through risk reduction
• Supporting identification, enhancement, improvement and delivery of monitoring and response methods and processes to reduce risk to the organisation
What we’re looking for:
• Proficiency in Security Information and Event Management technologies and usability in a large and complex computing environment
• Experience with reviewing responses of detected security incidents, timely escalate and drive to ensure the closure of incidents
• Incident Response skills including proficiency in Packet Capture, Network Analysis, and Traffic Patterns
• Ability to identify attacks and malware (Trojans, Ransomware, etc.) analysing event data generated from proxy, endpoints, IDS, MPS, network devices etc
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Proficiency of Operating System fundamentals, OS Security (Windows & Linux) and Networking Principles, Protocols and practices
• Knowledge of traditional ITIL concepts Incident, Change and Problem management
• Familiarity with Cloud Security Principles (AWS/ Google/ Azure), Open Source network analysis tools and Open-source intelligence tools (OSINT)
• In-depth knowledge of the Cyber Kill-Chain, Intelligence-driven defence and security architectures
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.