- About Us
- Business Areas
- Early Careers
You have not viewed any jobs yet.
Date live: Jun. 07, 2023
Business Area: Barclays UK
Area of Expertise: Relationship Management / Sales
Reference Code: 00283151
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train stations & bus stops, gyms, restaurants and more.Explore location
Specialist Customer Care Advisor
Knutsford / Luton
Salary - £25000 per annum
Shift - 35hrs per week, rotating between 8am-8pm Monday to Sunday
Please only apply if you are within a commutable distance of Knutsford or Luton, this role is hybrid working in these locations
As a Barclays Specialist Customer Care Advisor, you will serve the complex needs of our customers and will be there to help when they need us most. As part of a growing team, you will be helping our customers through challenging life events such as financial difficulty, being scammed or defrauded or a bereavement. You will also help to find a fair and simple ways forward for our customers by providing great digital tools and offer solutions backed by expert colleagues to help improve our customers future financial stability and prospects.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is location flexible. We will consider requests for locating the role at an alternative Barclays’ key UK office from that advertised.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances.
What will you be doing?
• Providing excellent customer service & responses on behalf of Barclays to create excellent customer satisfaction
• Identifying learning opportunities to ensure continuous improvement.
• Ensuring that the quality of tasks performed by yourself and others you closely work with are maintained to a high and consistent standard
• Ensuring that the solutions that are offered to our customers are accurate and delivered in a timely manor
• Adopting a values-based approach when dealing with customers
• Ensuring that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements whilst adhering to relevant Policies & Standards
• Ensuring vulnerable customers are identified and assisted appropriately, and being able to handle issues and messages efficiently to best help our customers
What we’re looking for:
• Experience of operating in a customer focused role
• Experience of building relationships through good rapport, people skills and anticipating needs of our customer
• Ability to use own judgement and previous experience to resolve issues for customers, following Barclays’ defined policies and processes.
• Capability to promote and help customer adoption of digital offerings
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience of working in a Customer Care role
• Experience of working with stakeholders to develop relationships and proactively support and educate customers
• Capability to work independently on largely non-complex situations
• Accountability for own performance, to best contribute to team deliverables
Where will you be working?
You will be based in Radbroke, Knutsford. The Barclays Technology Campus just outside Manchester is our tech command centre and a vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. The campus is set in a 64 acre self-contained site, in a beautiful green environment and it offers unrivalled facilities for work and for play. We have an onsite gym, as well as outdoor tennis, football and cricket areas, as well as onsite restaurant and coffee shops.
We're committed to providing a supportive and simplified experience for our candidates throughout the application and assessment process. Here, you will find information about what to expect and some guidance around your assessment and interview.
While the application process depends on the role, there are some constant steps, which are;
Step 1 - Your application
Step 2 - Your assessment
Step 3 - Your interview
Step 4 - Next steps
We aim to create an inclusive work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. If you require any adjustments to our recruitment process, please click here to learn more.
Find out more information here.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a Carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
This is the spirit of Barclays. It’s why we exist, what we believe and how we behave. But most importantly, it’s how we make decisions, take action and get things done.
We exist to provide responsible finance to people and business – but also a whole lot more.
We believe great talent RISES. It acts with Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We discover our full potential through our desire to Empower, Challenge and Drive each other.