- About Us
- Business Areas
- Early Careers
You have not viewed any jobs yet.
Date live: Mar. 15, 2023
Business Area: Barclays International
Area of Expertise: Relationship Management / Sales
Reference Code: 90365820
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train stations & bus stops, gyms, restaurants and more.Explore location
Associate Banker - International Corporates
As a Barclays Associate Banker- International Corporates, you will be supporting the Relationship Directors in the coverage of both existing and new clients with on boarding, KYC, admin, and legal processes. You will be assisting with approval processes of transactions, post-sanction, execution of deals, including lending, cash management services, liquidity, trade finance and foreign exchange solutions. You will be working on complex cases to and be a point of contact for international corporate clients.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Assisting the key Account Directors with product knowledge, sales research, customer relationship development and research into solutions to meet customers’ needs
• Working with business development activities, business planning, customer acquisition and strategy
• Conducting business research, marketing, advertising & sponsorship campaigns, production of MI, pricing, and covenant structures
• Supporting with credit processing and delivering excellent standard of work under challenging conditions
• Liaising with Financial Crime and Compliance teams on complex multinational corporates and / or offshore ownership structures
• Ensuring all customer and product information is accurate and kept up to date and set up on relevant systems and that customer complaints are handled effectively
• Interacting with internal Heads of Businesses, Product teams, Credit Risk, Legal, Solicitors, KYC, etc. and efficiently managing the escalation processes
• Holding effective communication whilst handling internal and external queries that require interaction with colleagues in areas like legal, servicing, KYC, operations
What we’re looking for:
• General Banking skills including the ability to discuss financial strategies and business awareness-to include impact of general economic change on corporate’s business
• Legal knowledge, in terms of the Spanish corporate framework, interpretation of powers of attorney and its equivalent to meet the regulator´s requirements both in Ireland and Spain
• Excellent English and Spanish communication skills, both oral & written and the ability to network effectively both internally and externally and maintain/develop relationships
• Knowledge of corporate banking products and services including those linked to Cash Management, Trade, and FX solutions
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Credit Risk knowledge, product knowledge and a constructive and proactive attitude with problems, incidents, and customer queries
• Thorough knowledge of sourcing of legal information in the public domain to evidence cases independently
• Well-developed judgment and problem-solving skills will be required related to product deliver and a knowledge of credit, regulatory and financial crime risk
• Good grasp of IT skills including word, excel, access, power point
Where will you be working?
Dating from 1979, Barclays has a long-established presence in Spain. Today, from our office in Madrid we provide a full service Corporate and Investment Bank offering to our local and global clients. Located within 10 minutes of the nearest train station, Gregorio Marañón, our office is well positioned within the financial district of Madrid.
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a Carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
This is the spirit of Barclays. It’s why we exist, what we believe and how we behave. But most importantly, it’s how we make decisions, take action and get things done.
We exist to provide responsible finance to people and business – but also a whole lot more.
We believe great talent RISES. It acts with Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We discover our full potential through our desire to Empower, Challenge and Drive each other.