- About Us
- Business Areas
- Early Careers
You have not viewed any jobs yet.
Date live: Mar. 07, 2023
Business Area: Barclays International
Area of Expertise: Relationship Management / Sales
Reference Code: 90365510
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train stations & bus stops, gyms, restaurants and more.Explore location
Business Manager to Corporate CEO
As a Barclays Barclays Manager to Corporate CEO this is an exciting opportunity where you will support the CEO in running the business on a day-to-day basis, including coordinating Board and ExCo level governance and preparing content and briefing notes for key internal and external engagements. Take ownership for defining and delivering aspects of key regional strategic and tactical projects and achieve the client, commercial, risk and regulatory elements outlined.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Handling the management of key committees chaired by the CEO, in an effective and controlled manner, while continuously suggesting and applying process improvements
• Assisting with the design and delivery of the overall Barclays Europe strategic agenda
• Executing and driving strategic projects to drive commercial, client success and meet other KPIs
• Coordinating CEO Office inputs to other committees and forums in a timely and controlled manner, provide inputs and analysis on an ad hoc basis to various Group stakeholders
• Overseeing the development of regional business plans and conducting research and analysis to support the design and delivery of long-term strategic pieces of work
• Preparing bespoke presentation materials and content, speaker notes, for client pitches, investor relations meetings, town halls and other meetings where strategic content is required
• Managing complex relationships, including with European management team and other active senior stakeholders and represent the CEO and his strategic agenda
• Supporting a variety of perspectives and a wide range of partners and stakeholders at the forefront in decision making
What we’re looking for:
• An Analytical/Consultative approach, MS office Suite, Planning, organization, and co-ordination skills and the ability to deal with highly confidential and market sensitive information
• Previous experience working in a Strategy/Business support role within a similar organization- banking / capital markets / financial services industry experience
• Excellent communication, organized, relationship building, client focused, management skills, commercial and strategic skills, project management and stakeholder management
• Ability to contribute effectively when working with senior colleagues across the business, Strategic thinking, make things happen, determined and work under pressure
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Prior European experience, knowledge of regulatory environment and the ability to multi-task across different projects and priorities
• Bilingual- Spanish and English (verbal and written)
• Appreciation for political sensitivity and discretion required to work with senior leaders, very conscious of reputation management
• Knowledge of the dynamics of a large complex organization and able to navigate through it to achieve goals, properly managing contest and conflict
Where will you be working?
Dating from 1979, Barclays has a long-established presence in Spain. Today, from our office in Madrid we provide a full service Corporate and Investment Bank offering to our local and global clients. Located within 10 minutes of the nearest train station, Gregorio Marañón, our office is well positioned within the financial district of Madrid.
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a Carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
This is the spirit of Barclays. It’s why we exist, what we believe and how we behave. But most importantly, it’s how we make decisions, take action and get things done.
We exist to provide responsible finance to people and business – but also a whole lot more.
We believe great talent RISES. It acts with Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We discover our full potential through our desire to Empower, Challenge and Drive each other.