- About Us
- Business Areas
- Early Careers
You have not viewed any jobs yet.
Date live: Mar. 16, 2023
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Compliance
Reference Code: 90366089
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train stations & bus stops, gyms, restaurants and more.Explore location
Corporate Banking Compliance Manager
As a Barclays Corporate Banking Compliance Manager, you will be working closely with the Corporate Banking Business (CBB) teams, key stakeholders and other members of the Europe and the Global Corporate Banking Compliance Team to assist and enhance the Compliance culture within the organisation. You will be providing technical guidance and tailored feedback on regulatory issues specifically focussed on a part of the overall Corporate Bank product set.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Providing day-to-day compliance advice across the CBB with a predominantly European focus, including detailed knowledge of the regulatory environment across Europe
• Providing guidance and advice on product development, product launches and modification, and assessing the regulatory risks of new business initiatives
• Keeping up to date on all regulatory related change e.g. PSD2, Cross Border Payments Regulation, MIFID2 and Market Abuse, and adhere to the competency framework
• Monitoring changes to the Corporate Banking Strategy ensuring assistance is provided and where assigned, manage significant projects of strategic importance to the CB business
• Handling regulatory visits and requests, and ensuring all requirements are responded to, logged and actions satisfactorily met
• Contributing towards relevant external consultations, discussions and policy debates as required, and providing input on assigned Policy and Standards as required
• Identifying, managing and escalating conduct risks within the product and coverage environment plus identifying risks and themes for Verification Checks and support completion
• Working closely with our Monitoring and Testing team to assist in identifying scope for review, and assisting our Compliance Risk Assessment outcomes
What we’re looking for:
• Excellent written communication skills: demonstrated ability to provide concise and meaningful reports, presentations, tailored letters, and e-mails appropriate for the audience
• Excellent verbal communication skills: demonstrated ability to articulate and present complicated matters simply
• Excellent written and verbal skills of the following languages: English, Portuguese and Spanish
• Proactivity and an ability to lead engagement on behalf of the team at business governance fora, providing proportionate check and challenge to manage risk, escalating where appropriate
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Compliance experience in a regulated firm, regulatory consultancy practice
• Knowledge of the European regulatory framework around corporate banking, including PSD2, Cross Border Payments Regulation, MifID2 and Market Abuse
• Good knowledge of the European regulatory environment
• Ability to multi-task and manage projects while completing daily tasks and responsibilities
Where will you be working?
You will be based in the Spanish capital in the picturesque city of Madrid, Spain. The Barclays Madrid office is based in a vibrant and lively area with many cafes, restaurants and hotels nearby. The Centro Comercial Moda Shopping centre is nearby and features a wide range of shops to choose from.
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a Carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
This is the spirit of Barclays. It’s why we exist, what we believe and how we behave. But most importantly, it’s how we make decisions, take action and get things done.
We exist to provide responsible finance to people and business – but also a whole lot more.
We believe great talent RISES. It acts with Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We discover our full potential through our desire to Empower, Challenge and Drive each other.