Loan Finance Structurer
This role is deemed as a Controlled Function role under the Central Bank of Ireland Fitness and Probity Regulations and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.
As a Barclays Loan Finance Structurer, you will report to the Head of Europe Loan Structuring, and work on structuring bilateral, club and syndicated debt transactions, term loans and revolving credit facilities. You will also be assisting Wholesale Lending Origination/Structuring and Transaction Management (TM) functions and executing loan financing and developing a high market-facing profile to generate new debt and associated business to Barclays. You will be in regular direct contact with clients at CFO and/or Treasurer level.
Barclays Europe is an essential part of Barclays’ success across the globe. We support the bank’s global growth by servicing European clients and markets. We connect European clients to the power of Barclays globally, offering them access to the largest capital markets and growth opportunities in the US, UK, and Asia. And we offer agile, determined, and resilient people a platform or remarkable professional and personal growth. This is your chance to get closer to Europe and stay more connected than ever to the rest of the globe.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Contributing to Wholesale Lending Finance structuring target income, pricing, and capital return objectives
• Being responsible for Client discussions on a broad spectrum of debt products and structures, thus providing referrals to the relevant product desks when appropriate
• Holding accountability for origination and execution of Debt transactions in Europe with a special focus on Spain and Portugal
• Assisting with Cross selling the bank’s wider capabilities and helping entrench lasting and positive client relationships and helping the proactive origination of deal opportunities
• Creating content, thought leadership and high-quality pitch materials to lead negotiations with clients and converting businesses across complex M&A, leveraged finance and investment grade
• Managing internal approval process through dedicated committees, including liaison across deal team members to compile a Business Case for proposed transactions
• Working efficiently with Product Credit, Transaction Management, Syndicate, Product management, Coverage, Risk, Portfolio etc
• Acting as an ambassador for Barclays in the external syndicated loan and advisory markets, whilst actively managing the capital of the bank, maximising returns for the risk and capital
What we’re looking for:
• Proven analytical experience in understanding highly complex funding structures in Wholesale Lending and appropriate expertise as a structurer of corporate/complex debt deals
• Excellent credit risk analysis skills and fluency in Spanish and English, French beneficial
• Excellent creativity, proactivity, team working, problem solving skills and stakeholder influencing skills are required for the role
• Deep Loan Market and product knowledge, understanding of Capital Markets and associated products, to drive best in class solutions and options for our clients
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience of dealing with complex legal documentation and as a structurer of corporate/complex debt deals,
• Excellent negotiation skills and in-depth knowledge of products and services
• Excellent knowledge of the credit process and macro-economic factors affecting the debt market and Fund Financing products, Equity Bridging Finance
• Appropriate CISI qualifications or equivalent to demonstrate basic knowledge of the Regulatory environment and Corporate Finance, degree or further professional qualification preferred
Where will you be working?
Dating from 1979, Barclays has a long-established presence in Spain. Today, from our office in Madrid we provide a full service Corporate and Investment Bank offering to our local and global clients. Located within 10 minutes of the nearest train station ,Gregorio Marañón, our office is well positioned within the financial district of Madrid.