Manchester or Liverpool
As a Barclays Associate Banker, this is a great opportunity for you to support and contribute to the growth of one or more relationship managed portfolios across UK Corporate Banking. You will get a chance to work closely with Bankers and/or Associate Bankers to proactively develop and maintain new & existing client relationships. Additionally, you will play a crucial role in enabling the company’s journey to become the ‘go-to’ bank whilst developing the knowledge & skills in Corporate Banking you need to build a career as a Corporate Banker.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Assisting Banker(s) in developing and maintaining new and existing client relationships, providing support in the delivery of good outcomes for our clients and our business
• Improving and maintaining Client Satisfaction scores by providing exceptional service
• Developing a working knowledge of key Corporate Banking products applicable to your segment
• Preparing client meeting and attending meetings with Banker(s) where appropriate
• Ensuring servicing activity is directed towards the appropriate contact point, educating clients to use the correct servicing channels, and championing digital self-serve solutions
• Undertaking timely Client Service Reviews and maintaining accurate client records in Salesforce
• Taking ownership in the handling of client complaints and ensuring conformance with regulatory complaints policy
• Initiating and managing the onboarding of new client relationships actively
What we’re looking for:
• Experience delivering results through building relationships
• Experience in a client service and communication focused role
• Solid planning and organisation skills
• Knowledge of Corporate Banking, credit risk or AML risk is desirable but not essential
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Ability to develop excellent relationships with customers and with internal colleagues
• Demonstrable organisation and planning skills
• The drive to achieve commercial success and results
Where will you be working?
In the centre of Spinningfields, Hardman Street is right in the centre of the best of Manchester’s professional business network. A multi divisional space with Corporate, Wealth, Premier and Digital colleagues, the offices include a client suite for meetings for up to 100 people, but are equally intimate for smaller meetings. Set in the heart of the cities gyms , bars, restaurants and shopping, Barclays offices are a real benefit to its 300 staff and an attractive venue for clients.
The Unity Buildings is a modern, iconic building in Liverpool with state of the art facilities and excellent transport links around the city. Housed in one of the most striking buildings in Liverpool, 20 Chapel Street is surrounded by a range of transport links (2 minutes’ walk from Moorfields station and 15 minutes’ walk from Liverpool Central) as well as popular high street shops and restaurants.