BGI Case Manager
As a Barclays Case Manager, you will be joining Corporate Banking (CB) – our fast-paced working area, which provides integrated banking solutions, specialist advice, products and services to businesses, multi-national companies, financial institutions and multinationals in non-UK markets. In your new role, you will support the Documentary Trade and Open Account clients with their domestic and international trade needs, while focusing on complex processes that are evolving all the time.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a career, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
We are currentlyin the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager
What will you be doing?
• Proactively managing a portfolio of Trade Product cases from submission to issuance
• Preparing domestic and international guarantees, liaising directly with clients, where necessary, to agree requirements and proactively identify acceptable solutions for both
• Responding to complex queries regarding the BGIs, in each case providing clear recommendations for action
• Providing portfolio management, pro-actively driving cases to drawdown/ issuance in order to meet client timelines and expectations
• Maintaining proactive collaboration with other key stakeholders to ensure completion of cases end to end
• Establishing value add relationships with the Coverage and Credit teams, as well as other specialists to ensure that we provide a first-class service to our clients at all times
• Acting as resolution point between clients, Coverage teams, and third parties, e.g. solicitors
• Owning any issues and managing them through to resolution
What we’re looking for:
• Previous work experience in a similar or relatable role
• Solid customer focus, both external and internal
• Dealing with conflict and disagreement, along with good negotiating skills
• Ability to organise and prioritise workloads
Skills that will help you in the role
• Ability to apply themselves to problem solving and analysing situations
• Proficiency using internal computer systems including Trade Manager, TradeFlow and any other appropriate platform applications
Where will you be working?
Based in our Manchester office, which is in the heart of the city centre. Offering a modern working environment, with restaurants, bars and gyms just a stone’s throw away from the office.