- About Us
- Business Areas
- Early Careers
You have not viewed any jobs yet.
Date live: Mar. 13, 2023
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Legal
Reference Code: 90366925
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train stations & bus stops, gyms, restaurants and more.Explore location
Commercial & Operations Specialist
As a Barclays Commercial & Operations Specialist in the Legal Relationship Management Team, you will use your stakeholder engagement, project management and analysis skills to actively manage the legal supplier base. Working with c.70 legal suppliers, you will assist with implementing and sustaining the supplier management and control framework. Working with data on firm performance analysis you will gain an understanding of the firm’s strategic direction gaining exposure managing stakeholders across legal both externally and internally.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager
What will you be doing?
• Handling the day-to-day Barclays relationship with selected Barclays Panel Firms
• Preparing for and conducting Law Firm relationship meetings with Law Firm Business Development Managers, senior legal partners and the Barclays relationship teams
• Structuring, planning, and delivering high profile Barclays / Law Firm relationship events globally
• Managing structured flow of Law Firm information / MI (Management Information) to Barclays General Counsel and Relationship teams
• Analysing law firm MI and highlighting key data points for discussion with firms and stakeholders
• Assisting with financial performance analysis of panel law firms and actively contribute to law firm assessment and evaluation process
• Maintaining and supporting effective management of supplier on boarding in partnership with sourcing
• Leading oversight of key review cycles including Anti Bribery and Corruption checks, Financial Crime Reviews, and testing of Supplier Control Obligations
What we’re looking for:
• An excellent understanding of the legal landscape and industry with experience collaborating across legal teams
• Experience engaging and understanding with stakeholders at all levels with confidence briefing senior stakeholders
• A tenacious and delivery focussed candidate who can act on their own initiative and has worked as part of a project team taking ownership for their own deliverables
• Excellent Experience and understanding of analysing data sets to identify trends, extract key learnings and make recommendations
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience and understanding of managing supplier/vendor relationships in a professional services environment
• Solid team collaboration and communication skills
• Significant Experience working in legal function management either in a financial institution or law firm is desirable
• Excellent attention to detail with a ‘big picture’ birds eye view perspective
Where will you be working?
In the centre of Spinningfields, Hardman Street is right in the centre of the best of Manchester’s professional business network. A multi divisional space with Corporate, Wealth, Premier and Digital colleagues, the offices include a client suite for meetings for up to 100 people, but are equally intimate for smaller meetings. Set in the heart of the cities gyms , bars, restaurants and shopping, Barclays offices are a real benefit to its 300 staff and an attractive venue for clients.
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a Carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
This is the spirit of Barclays. It’s why we exist, what we believe and how we behave. But most importantly, it’s how we make decisions, take action and get things done.
We exist to provide responsible finance to people and business – but also a whole lot more.
We believe great talent RISES. It acts with Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We discover our full potential through our desire to Empower, Challenge and Drive each other.