- About Us
- Business Areas
- Early Careers
You have not viewed any jobs yet.
Date live: Mar. 17, 2023
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Operations
Reference Code: 90365455
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train stations & bus stops, gyms, restaurants and more.Explore location
Facility Capture Team Lead
As a Barclays Facility Capture Team Lead you will be working within Wholesale Lending Operations. Within this role you will act as the Facility Capture team lead, providing absence cover for the Vice President Head CIB Asset Management and Facility Capture. You will manage the day to day leading of the Facility Capture function within Wholesale Lending - in line with the business’s overall strategy to deliver a world class digital post sanction Lending service.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Leading the Facility Capture business unit, setting objectives, being responsible for performance management, development, coaching and training
• Having responsibility for the line management for a team of c10 individuals
• Driving continuous improvements, having autonomy to make decisions & apply discretions
• Acting as key stakeholder contact point within the function
• Owning the Facility Capture service metrics including transaction management, overtime budget control and service outcome reporting
• Being responsible for Quality metrics, carrying out sampling assurance activity & escalating exceptions to VP Head CIB Asset Management and Facility Capture
• Ensuring all due-diligence activities are actioned to ensure warning signs re portfolio risk /covenants/asset quality are flagged
• Interacting with stakeholders in Product, Legal, Compliance, Risk, Origination, Governance, Credit and various Ops teams to ensure team support
What we’re looking for:
• Previous experience leading a team
• Proven experience in an Operations role ideally within Lending/Debt Product
• Extensive knowledge of Internal lending and security processes
• Excellent communication and diplomacy skills: in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas/departments as well as Stakeholders
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Knowledge of legislation (Data Protection Act, Consumer credit, Companies Act, Insolvency Act, Financial Services Act, Money Laundering and KYC
• Experience coaching & training wider teams and stakeholders
Where will you be working?
Based in our Manchester office, which is in the heart of the city centre. Offering a modern working environment, with restaurants, bars and gyms just a stone’s throw away from the office.
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a Carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
This is the spirit of Barclays. It’s why we exist, what we believe and how we behave. But most importantly, it’s how we make decisions, take action and get things done.
We exist to provide responsible finance to people and business – but also a whole lot more.
We believe great talent RISES. It acts with Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We discover our full potential through our desire to Empower, Challenge and Drive each other.