This role is deemed as a Certified role under the PRA & UK Financial Conduct Authority - Individual Accountabilities Regulations and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.
As a Barclays Wealth Manager, you will help clients create clear financial plans for their future, supporting them to protect, grow, and enjoy their wealth they have worked hard to build. You’ll do this through a full-service offering, including financial planning, investment management, lending, banking, and cash management. Wealth Management services are available to clients who are designated as ‘high net worth individuals. You will also provide investment management solutions for Charities and Not-For-Profit organizations.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Maintaining the highest levels of client service and delivery
• Acting as key contact and be recognized as an expert for banking products, credit advice and client queries
• Delivering high quality bespoke advice, maximizing value for our clients, and negotiating the best commercial outcome
• Acting as the key interface between the client and other parts of the Barclays group,
• Providing clients with world class financial solutions
• Utilizing fully the Wealth Manager toolset, systems, and platforms
What we’re looking for:
• Must be educated to degree level or equivalent
• RDR level 4 qualified
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience of building a client base using internal and external networks
• Effective in gaining an in-depth knowledge of client’s needs and advising on a diverse range of wealth management solutions
• Knowledge of delivering high quality bespoke advice, maximizing value for our clients, and negotiating the best commercial outcome
• Ability to satisfy the FCA criteria for an approved person both initially and ongoing
Where will you be working?
Our Hardman Street office in Spinningfields is conveniently located near transport links into the city. Hardman Street incorporates Private Banking, Wealth, Corporate and other departments seating approximately 135 colleagues. The office is also currently being renovated into a modern collaborative space suitable for meetings with clients and also colleagues. There is also meeting space for events for up to 80 people. It is also located near restaurants, bars and gyms, shopping.