Customer Service Advisor – Account Opening
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
What will you be doing?
• Ensuring adherence to robust account opening process requirements by collation and analysing client information
• You’ll have direct engagement with clients and relationship managers to obtain mandatory account opening information and documentation
• You will take responsibility to ensure Business Banking’s adherence to account opening compliance and governance standards are met
• Acting as a process specialist, deliver tailored client solutions and advice to help them navigate effectively through the account opening process
• You will effectively handle and resolve client and senior manager problems or complaints relating to the account opening process
• Taking responsibility to ensure data quality obtained within the account opening process is accurate
• You will look for opportunities to enhance the account opening client experience, whilst continuing to maintain adherence to process and compliance requirements
What we’re looking for:
• Ability to interpret complex information and apply this insight against detailed process and compliance requirements
• Experience and knowledge of Business Banking processes, particularly in relation to account opening requirements
• Have the ability to build effective relationships quickly and demonstrates strong stakeholder management
• Takes personal responsibility and accountability to provide the best client experience
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience of Business Banking account opening procedures and associated systems would be beneficial
• Previous experience of high performance within a robust, compliance framework or process would be beneficial
Where will you be working?
You will be based out of Milton Keynes, a large town in Buckinghamshire, England, about 50 miles north-west of London. You will be based in our office at Ashton House in the centre of the town.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We will consider applications from job share applicants.