Japan IBMO Analyst
As a Barclays Japan Investment Bank Middle Office (IBMO) Analyst, you will support and manage day-to-day activities for various range of products we support. This is an opportunity for you ensure the smooth operation of day-to-day activities while representing Japan IBMO on a global front. This includes the oversight of T0-T1 completeness controls such as daily coordination/validation of trading activities, margining, affirmations/confirmations, exception queue monitoring, reconciliations, investigation, and clearance of issues.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
- Covering multiple products/business to demonstrate multi-tasking capabilities and flexibility in helping overall IBMO team in general
- Getting involved in the production of Business Requirements, completion of UAT and liaison with Technology for any change and regulatory driven new activities/requirements
- Spearheading the team in driving industry-wide (e.g., regulatory, market change) initiatives in a controlled and efficient manner
- Supporting an environment within IBMO where people can work with pride, people can work proactively having common visions and, implementing automation to reduce manual process
- Taking part in driving/supporting the production of Business Requirements, completion of UAT and liaison with Technology for any change and regulatory driven new activities/requirements
- Ensuring that all activities are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise-Wide Risk Management Framework, and internal Barclays Policies
What we’re looking for:
- Ability to manage T0/T1 trade validation and reconciliation to ensure accurate trade flow and representation in the various systems
- Ability to support projects including new business initiatives
- Native in Japanese and business level or higher level in verbal and written English to support working within a highly connected global environment
- JSDA sales representative qualification
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Solid product knowledge of financial instruments - Rates (Bond, FI Derivatives), Credit and Equities (Cash/Derivatives/Structured)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- One year of experience in financial industry
- Internal Control Manager qualification
Where will you be working?
Our office is located in the Roppongi Hills building complex, one of the largest property developments in Japan, with modern and secure offices. The surroundings are known to be highly commercial, with restaurants, shops, gyms, and places to relax.