Japan Core Operations AVP
As a Barclays Japan Core Operations AVP (Assistant Vice President), you will have an exciting chance to perform daily processing of confirmations/settlements with the highest standard, whilst meeting agreed SLAs, and being mindful of risk, efficiency, budget and personal conduct as a team. This role is for one of the following: Japan Settlement, Clearing and Custody settlement processing and monitoring, and Asset Servicing.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- You will be leading Japan settlement, clearing, and custody processing for multiple products, including Equities, Fixed income, and Foreign Exchange
- Pre-matching and fails management and position management
- You will be in charge of Corporate action, Dividends, and Coupon/Redemption processing for multiple products traded for BSJL, BBPLC Tokyo entity
- Monitoring legal ledgers and regulatory reports to be generated in an accuracy manner
- Participating in related project as a user in the settlement team and managing UAT
- Maintaining up to date procedures
- Attending external and internal meetings to discuss any new business building and remedy for process
- Attending regional/global call to support VP if any
What we’re looking for:
- Having knowledge/experience with products such as Equities, JGB, JCB, Japanese Funds, Foreign Bonds, and Foreign Exchange (Cash, NDF, Derivative and Money Market) and Trade lifecycle
- Having analytical skills with logical thinking, problem solving ability, and attention to detail
- Fluent Japanese including read/write, business level of English (Japanese necessary for the level of being able to communicate with Central Securities Depository and Central Counter Parties)
- Able to prioritise and manage multiple items at once and ensure consistent delivery under pressure
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Settlement background of any kind of products
- Self-consciousness of the delivery with high quality standards
- Excellent Risk /Control consciousness
- Having flexibility to accept various opinions/views
Where will you be working?
Our office is located in the Roppongi Hills building complex, one of the largest property developments in Japan, with modern and secure offices. The surroundings are known to be highly commercial, with restaurants, shops, gyms, and places to relax.