Japan Financial Control - Analyst
As a Barclays Japan Financial Control – Analyst, you will be a part of our Financial Controls department in Japan supporting in ensuring all Barclays entities are fairly stated per Japanese GAAP (JGAAP) for the local regulatory reporting and IFRS for the group and management reporting. Your role will be to support the team by to producing and reviewing of local Japanese regulatory financial returns to aid in the regulatory reporting.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Conducting monthly end closing process and GL maintenance
- Performing annual/ monthly regulatory reports submission to JFSA, BOJ and other regulators
- Calculating and submitting Local Capital adequacy to regulators
- Producing and maintaining of journal entries on Japan entities
- Performing various controls and analysis built within the accounting and reporting processes, and contributing to the application of accounting control plan
- Performing substantiation of account balances, and reporting the results
- Providing oversight of deliverables prepared by offshore function
- Analysing intercompany cost recharges and preparing of payment instructions
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Japanese and English
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience of books and records/ regulatory reporting in a financial Institution
- Technical proficiency with accounting standards and applications (JGAAP)
Skills that will help you in the role:
- CPA qualification
- Product knowledge of broker dealer and banking industry
- Previous experience/ knowledge of SAP
- Profficient in the use of MS Office packages including Excel
Where will you be working?
Our office is located in the Roppongi Hills building complex, one of the largest property developments in Japan, with modern and secure offices. The surroundings are known to be highly commercial, with restaurants, shops, gyms, and places to relax.