Japan Settlement Analyst
As a Barclays Japan Settlement Analyst, you will be performing daily processing of confirmations/ settlements with the highest standard, whilst meeting agreed SLAs, and being mindful of risk, efficiency, budget and personal conduct as a team. You will be in charge of one of the following: Japan Settlement, Clearing and Custody settlement processing and monitoring, and Asset Servicing.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
- You will be responsible for Japan settlement, clearing, and custody processing for multiple products, including Equities, Fixed income, and Foreign Exchange
- You will be responsible for pre-matching and fails management and position management
- You will be responsible for Corporate action, Dividends, and Coupon/ Redemption processing for multiple products traded for BSJL, BBPLC Tokyo entity
- You will be responsible for monitoring legal ledgers and regulatory reports to be generated in an accuracy manner
- Participating in related project as a user in the settlement team and manage UAT
- Establishing relationships with regional and Global Operations teams, and business stakeholders
What we’re looking for:
- Having knowledge/ experience with products such as Equities, JGB, JCB, Japanese Funds, Foreign Bonds, and Foreign Exchange (Cash, NDF, Derivative and Money Market)
- Having analytical skills with logical thinking, problem solving ability, and attention to detail
- Be able to prioritise and manage multiple items at once and ensure consistent delivery under pressure
- Be able to escalate issues/problems to management with timely manner
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Settlement background of any kind of products
- Self-consciousness of the delivery with high quality standards
- Strong Risk/ Control consciousness
Where will you be working?
Our office is located in the Roppongi Hills building complex, one of the largest property developments in Japan, with modern and secure offices. The surroundings are known to be highly commercial, with restaurants, shops, gyms, and places to relax.