Operations Delivery AVP
As a Barclays Operations Delivery Assistant Vice President, you will work within Global Markets Operations Delivery Management, which ensures that the GMO change priorities are being driven from within and that we are influencing and contributing to the banks strategic and regulatory change agenda. This is an excellent opportunity, which will enable you to work with the development team and stakeholders.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
- Being accountable for requirements gathering to capture as-is process and map to-be process vision
- Working closely with project team members and supporting activities such as test planning and working on UAT with the stakeholders
- Running workshops with SMEs to grasp the end-to-end process while identifying any automation blockers and the suitability of the process for automation
- Calculating automation % and FTE benefit and building business cases
- Working closely with development team to ensure requirements are accurately mapped and suitable for development
- Communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management effectively
- Leading the ongoing monitoring of benefits realised as part of the delivery's and recommend optimisations to improve automation efficiencies
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent communication skills with flexibility to communicate effectively using the right medium across all levels of the function build successful relationships
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to simplify and condense a large number of complex moving parts into single impact statement
- Highly resilient and resourceful with a proven track record in engaging and influencing others to ensure project tasks are delivered per committed timelines
- Ability to quantify and drive mitigation of risk at a project level
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Ability to apply a risk lens with short term (tactical) and long term (strategic) deliverables in mind
- Able to demonstrate a structured, outcome-oriented approach, with the ability to anticipate and head off problems that could jeopardize the outcome of global projects
- Ability to think outside of the box, provide quick solutions and resolve global project issues in a timely manner
- Ideally to have knowledge in robotics technology; market settlement/payment/custodian systems in Japan
Where will you be working?
Our office is located in the Roppongi Hills building complex, one of the largest property developments in Japan, with modern and secure offices. The surroundings are known to be highly commercial, with restaurants, shops, gyms, and places to relax.