Job Title: Analyst
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Take ownership for managing risk and strengthening controls in relation to the work you do.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs
Structured hybrid role
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
• Member of the ‘Risk - Centre of excellence’, Credit Sanctioning Team (Leveraged Finance), with effective credit risk management (evaluation of risk/exposure management) of credits within North American Corporate Sectors
• Support senior credit officers on Leveraged Finance / High Yield credit transactions from a Risk perspective, including assessing and making recommendations to sanction transactions in accordance with Bank policy
• Help to ensure continued growth of the business without incurring unmanageable risks
• Stay current with financial analysis and risk profile of the assigned sectors, borrowers and counterparties.
• Alert senior management of negative developments and trends for clients and segments within the assigned sectors.
• Support senior credit officers in evaluating new transactions and monitoring of existing portfolio of credits
What will you be doing?
• Maintain integrity of credit risk function while ensuring that the team continues to fully support Front Office relationship and sales staff.
• Prepare credit papers for transactions and reviews for submission for approval through relevant discretion processes and, where appropriate, present at relevant Credit Committees.
• Assist senior team members in the preparation of Global/Regional Industry reviews.
• Accountable for monitoring client performance and managing covenant breaches.
• Support senior members of the team to ensure timely identification of adverse risks within portfolio and early engagement / referral to Special Asset Management where appropriate.
• Where sector difficulties or client specific difficulties are identified, provide hands-on support to the team to ensure that appropriate action is taken to mitigate credit risk.
• Support ensuring that the approvals are within the defined Limits and Mandate and Scale set for the Sector.
• Ensure credit risk being approved is consistent with regulatory expectations
• Assist and support on-shore teams in responding to information requests from our banking system regulators
What we’re looking for:
• Strong understanding of corporate finance and banking products, including knowledge of Loan, High Yield and derivatives documentation and credit terms
• Possess good analytical skills with attention to detail, ability to provide big picture decision making
• Possess good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, and have the ability to clearly articulate complex concepts and ideas.
• Masters / Professional qualification such as MBA/ CA/ CFA or equivalent
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Decision making and problem solving in a complex environment
• Good commercial experience working within Credit, preferably in an international banking environment.
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.