- About Us
- Business Areas
- Early Careers
You have not viewed any jobs yet.
Date live: May. 24, 2023
Business Area: Barclays International
Area of Expertise: Investment Banking
Reference Code: 90370703
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train stations & bus stops, gyms, restaurants and more.Explore location
Job Title: AVP - GM - Mumbai Central - Prime (CDSM)
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances These requests will be reviewed and agreed for a period of time i.e., will have a start and end date.
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
The role requires sound understanding of Prime services products, eye for detail and an ability to liaise with the front office desks to ensure priority for Onboarding Pipeline. The candidate will need to liaise with all levels of management across Sales/Compliance/Risk/Legal/Operations and other support areas to ensure efficient, flexible and accurate process for on boarding and clients across NY, London and Asia for Prime business.
Over the past few years the team has created its own niche brand within the business and the person joining this team has got a great ask to drive this brand further.
What will you be doing?
• Work as the process owner and ensure end to end management of all activities associated with the
• onboarding process.
• Develop and demonstrate strong understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the team, Prime global business and various Equity/Fixed Income, synthetics and Derivative products like Futures, Options, OTC, FX PB , various systems and Onboarding flow.
• Track client details like stage, revenue opportunity, on boarding date etc. across businesses through inbuild systems and tools.
• Support in preparing MIS required for management decision making
• Manage, develop and sustain effective working relations with Sales, Compliance, Risk, Legal and Static teams to ensure clients are on boarded without any road blocks.
• Managing daily deliverables and meeting all agreed SLAs.
• Ensure cross training and knowledge transfer within the team.
• Responsible for front to back management of the initiatives and projects ADHOC requests catering to above items.
• Ability to prioritize and multi task effectively.
• Take ownership and drive various on-going projects in the team
What we’re looking for:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills as the person is required to communicate with global stakeholders and management team in Investment Banking vertical. Ability to clearly articulate complicated issues to management and other impacted areas and ensure timely resolution of issues and breaches.
• Experience in Banking/Finance industry and Comprehensive knowledge of the financial products across business (Equities, Fixed Income, Derivatives)
• Strong eye for detail as the person is expected to set up client account data across various trading and reporting systems.
• Flexible in work long hours when required and aptitude for self learning and ability to cope well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Ambitious and Proactive in nature, should be able to take quick decisions and be an excellent Team player
• Advanced Excel (Pivot tables, Macros), MS Office skills and inclination to learn new IT Skills like Qlikview
• Well organised with good time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritise tasks.Ability to multi-task and prioritise accordingly in a highly pressurised environment.
• Understanding of onboarding process will be an added advantage.
• The person needs to have a proven record of willingness to take ownership and responsibility
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Graduate or MBA from top tier Engineering/Business school.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to clearly articulate complicated issues to management and other impacted areas and ensure timely resolution of issues and breaches. Should be comfortable communicating directly with all levels of the organization, including senior management.
• Highly analytical and numerate with exceptional problem solving abilities and Comprehensive knowledge on Derivative, Rates and FX products and associated risks.
• Well organised with good time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritise tasks. Ability to multi-task and prioritise accordingly in a highly pressurised environment.
• Superior attention to detail
• Ability to develop relationships with internal clients to understand and address their needs.
• Eagerness to take initiative and promote process improvements
• Team player
• Displays confidence and professionalism
• Highly motivated
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
• Front Office Support / client service experience, ideally on prime brokerage, cleared OTC FX, Rates and CDS and other Derivatives.
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
We're committed to providing a supportive and simplified experience for our candidates throughout the application and assessment process. Here, you will find information about what to expect and some guidance around your assessment and interview.
While the application process depends on the role, there are some constant steps, which are;
Step 1 - Your application
Step 2 - Your assessment
Step 3 - Your interview
Step 4 - Next steps
We aim to create an inclusive work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. If you require any adjustments to our recruitment process, please let us know as part of your application.
Find out more information here.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a Carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
This is the spirit of Barclays. It’s why we exist, what we believe and how we behave. But most importantly, it’s how we make decisions, take action and get things done.
We exist to provide responsible finance to people and business – but also a whole lot more.
We believe great talent RISES. It acts with Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We discover our full potential through our desire to Empower, Challenge and Drive each other.